Thursday, November 09, 2006

New lace on the needles

I have been really generous. I gave away TWO of my most favourite projects.

The Alpaca Cloud makes a very warm fabric. So, the Sampler Stole is now with my mom to keep her warm from the insanely cold air-conditioned places in Hong Kong.

My 4-year roommate in university years is the first person I ever know who would wear bright orange (and I always suspect she would be good friends with Claudia! hahaha ... ). When I made Birch, I was definitely having her in mind. Plus ... she is NOT allergic to mohair! So, naturally, the shawl is now in the new home.

I think I have every good reason to start a new lace project.


I have set my mind on Ene's Scarf for a long time because I like the clusters of the main pattern. The yarn is Handpaintedyarn.com's Merino Lace. I used their wool lace before and like it, but I have to say the merino lace is definitely the better choice ... it is a lot softer. The colour of the yarn in skein or cake is not really that appealling ... kind of earthy yellow. But I like it a lot better when knitted. I am up to first repeat of Chart 3 ... 4 more to go and then Chart 4 ... and the scarf would be done ... yay!

12 comments:

opportunityknits said...

It's a lovely golden orange on my screen. Ene's scarf is one of my faves from the book.

ruth said...

oooh, very pretty! i love the orange color!

KatieLiz said...

Love the color! You'll have fun with this one because the more you do the faster it goes with the decreases. I look forward to seeing it finished.

Debi said...

You're so generous with your knits Agnes...lucky Mom, lucky roomate!

I love the color of this, it will be so pretty!

You should make the shaped triangle from gathering of lace someday...those little cluster are the whole top of that shawl too!

Jennifer said...

That is going to be gorgeous!

--Deb said...

That really IS generous of you!

And this lace? In this color? Wow.

Peggy said...

I've never thought of making a stole in this color, but it looks really pretty!

Jerry said...

What a great gift for your mother :-) I love that orange and the lace is beautiful! You do such nice work Agnes!

Laura.Y said...

That looks lovely! Reminds me of autumn. Your mom and room mate is so lucky!

Dipsy D. said...

Well - for obvious reasons I really *love* orange, and I would wear anything orange all the time if I could ;)
This stole is going to be really gorgeous, what a wonderful earth tone - looking forward to seeing more of it!

Terri said...

Your work is beautiful, and you were incredibly generous to give the two shawls to your mother and friend. Your new piece is going to be lovely as well.

Rebekah said...

Yeah, I don't think you had a choice, a new lace project was a must.