Monday, November 27, 2006

Marble Arches & more

When my brother and I grew up, ice-cream was a rare treat that we didn't get to have very often. Besides, choices of flavours then were limited. Therefore, it always seemed a good deal to be able to have 3 flavours at one time ... we always loved to have the tri-colour combo ... vanilla, strawberry and chocolate. This is what the new socks remind me of ... tri-colour combo ice-cream ... YUM!


Details:
Pattern: Marble Arches designes by Sandi for STR sock club
You should have noticed the beautiful ruffled cuffs of the socks! Aren't they unusual and lovely? Well, I think so. And it is just very easy to make. You cast on double the number of stitches for your cuff size, knit one round, and then k2tog and p2tog around and knit the ribbed cuff.
And ... you should also notice that the legs of the socks are slanting ... because of the faux cable pattern.
Mmm ... do you notice that I love this pair of socks? ;)

Yarn: Socks That Rock (100% Superwash Merino) Medium weight Colour: Pink Granite
Who doesn't love colours that resemble yummy ice-cream?

Needles: CP bamboo dpns US1 for the leg and US1.5 for the heel and foot

Start date: 11-05-2006
Finish date: 11-26-2006

Now, about the "more" in the post title. Since you can get 2 (or even 3) dish towels for $2.99, it would be really hard to only buy one bundle, right? Everyone agrees? Added to the temptation, SUNFLOWERS!

This time, I added a little bit of shaping to the bib portion to get a better coverage. And I did some better sewing this time. So, I really really love this apron a lot more. :D

10 comments:

opportunityknits said...

The ruffles on the socks are so cute!

Debi said...

I completely LOVE the sunflower apron! So cheery!

Love the socks too!

Anonymous said...

I had that exact same feeling about the tricolor icecream! I used to save the chocolate for last though. Great socks! And great apron! You are doing so great with the sewing!

twig said...

Love the socks.

What a great idea for the aprons.

grumperina said...

Ooo, I really love the swirly pattern! Great pair of socks!

Jennifer said...

What cool pooling on those socks!

Such a cute apron. How addicting is it to sew aprons?

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Love the FOs! I am trying to see which pattern I should use for my hank of STR. Thanks for the idea.
=:8

joy said...

Cute socks!
I love the apron; I was wondering where you got the fabric...what a great idea to sew some dishcloths together!

Laura.Y said...

haha now that you mention it, it reminds me of raspberry ripples ice cream. :) Very nice apron.

Mimi said...

I remember the ice cream combo ( neapolitan?), though I only like the strawberry and chocolate flavor. Nice to have the memories in the cute socks!
You have your sewing machine working well. It's great to have new aprons!;)