Thursday, November 23, 2006

First sewing project

Ms Knitter was right. Getting your hands into small projects is really helpful ... not like just fooling around with scrap fabrics ... and you would end up with something useful.

So, with $2.99 (plus tax, I think) and a couple hours, I got myself a new apron:


Mmm ... looks like simple sewing ... but I got to practice more straight line sewing (which is really not that easy ... hahaha). The pattern said to use twill tape for the neck tie and waist ties. But since I got some fabrics from trimming the bib piece, why not use them for the waist ties, I think? I didn't have enough for the neck tie ... so I bought some 1" cotton belt.

I think I can use one more apron. ;)

13 comments:

alltangledup said...

that apron looks nice. so I'm not the only person that has problems with sewing stright lines. I buy printed fabric (with lines) to help the process

happy thanksgiving!

joy said...

The acorns are so cute! Great job with the apron!

Siow Chin said...

That's a great first sewing job! And you got a handy apron to use too.

opportunityknits said...

it looks so cute. The sewing bug can be as bad as the knitting bug.

Laura.Y said...

that is so cute!!!! hehe watch out, soon you'll really get hooked on sewing too.

ruth said...

cute!!! great job on the apron! =)

Ms. Knitter said...

Nice-looking apron! (The acorns are so cute!) I need one of those myself, actually, since I have an awful habit of soaking the front of my shirt every time I wash the dishes. *laughs*

letti said...

that's very sweet! love the little acorns.

Anonymous said...

Great apron! And you can never have too many of those. How exciting to have a new hobby, I can't wait to see you start whipping up clothes!

Holly Burnham said...

I love the apron....I wear them all the time....I just really enjoy them. Great job!

Jennifer said...

I love the acorn motif! So cute!

alice said...

cute! :)

Rebekah said...

Very, very cute. Now we can call you Mrs. Cleaver.