Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Regine

It's done! It's done! Yet the weather this week has been, and it going to be, unseasonably warm, so I still have to wait a bit before Regine can made her formal debut. But I have to tell you that this sweater is a real beauty ... the fit is perfect and the style very elegant. The most attractive feature to me is the large square scoop neckline. I love it.

Regine is yet another feel-good project after Lace Blouson, which, by the way, has proved to be a very comfortable wear. I say these are feel-good projects because the knitting process is enjoyable, with the patterns being well-written on the whole, thus not causing any agony and doubt; and the whole project does not take an enormously long period of time to finish. I just feel lucky to have picked 2 such projects in a row.

I took several pictures of Regine being modeled. Among them, I like this one best ... though it's not showing the garment best:
It resembles the pictures you can always see on blossom's blog ... which I admire very much. :D But I know I need pictures that show the sweater in a clearer view:

Details:
Pattern and Modifications: Regine designed by Sauniell N. Connally (you can find the pdf file of the pattern on her blog)
I made the small size with a 34" body measurement. I made no other modification on the pattern, except for the length of the sleeves, which I continued knitting even after the increase until the sleeves measured 19".
The very good thing about this sweater is that it can be worn casually (with jeans) or more formally (with pants or skirt).

Yarn: TLC CaraMia (50 Acrylic, 19% Nylon, 18% Rayon, 13% Angora) 4 balls Colour: 2501 Aqua
Do you have any memory of this yarn? I think it was discontinued not too long ago. I got 8 balls from Joann's as closeout. I should have bought some more of the other colours then! It is very soft and comfortable. Okay, it's not the very best yarn ... but hey, soft angora yarn that is machine washable ... that's great. Besides, I have a feeling that it won't pill too much. But there's angora (though only 13%), so it sheds!
Another bonus ... as many of you have commented, the colour is just beautiful! :D

Gauge and Needles: Addi Turbo 4mm for the body pieces and sleeves, getting 21.5 stitches to 4" and Susan Bates US5 for the neckband.

Start date: 10-07-2006
Finish date: 10-22-2006

Halloween is approaching ... and that means October nearing its ends. I am feeling kind of guilty because other than starting the sock I planned for Socktoberfest, I didn't make too much progress on it. Now I just have to see if I can at least manage to make the pair before handing out the treats!

23 comments:

ruth said...

wow, it looks REALLY good on you!!

Bron said...

It's a lovely color & the fit is great. Way to go!

twig said...

Gorgeous. Only 3 weeks and such a great fitting sweater. That's definitely a keeper.

Alison said...

Wow, what a great sweater and very pretty color!

grumperina said...

It looks lovely on you! I agree that the neckline is very, very flattering :).

opportunityknits said...

It turned out lovely, and I like the first photo too.

Joanna said...

Oh that is too cute! Great sweater!! The fit is perfect, and I will definitely have to try that type of neckline on something.

nona said...

It's easy to see how this sweater will become an instant favorite. It looks both stylish and comfy!

Laura.Y said...

ooo! As predicted! :) Very lovely on u.

hege said...

It looks so beautiful on you! I love the flattering neckline. You will be wearing that a lot all winter!

alltangledup said...

it looks great and you did it in 15 days? wow!! Very impressive. I lvoe the neckline too

Siow Chin said...

Love it! The scoop neckline looks very good on you, Agnes!

Areli said...

Looks absolutely lovely!

Baigneuse said...

Gorgeous work!

Jeanne said...

Very nice!

Dipsy D. said...

What can I say? This is more than amazing! I'm always so impressed by the beautiful work you're doing, and this is definitely one more beauty! It looks so absolutely cozy, as you said, a "feel-good-sweater", and it seems to have the perfect fit! I also love the photos you did modeling it - awesome!

bradyphrenia said...

it's lovely, and so feminine! i love the neckline.

joy said...

Love the neckline too...shows just the right amount of skin. ;-) And the lacy hems are beautiful!

Melissa said...

Ooh, your sweater is beautiful! I love that color. And it looks fabulous on you.

Nora (Black Dog Knits) said...

Beautiful. x

Mimi said...

It's a perfect fit and once more the color is lovely! You look good in all three photos.;)

kemtee said...

Really nice. I plan to do that sweater as well; I'm glad to hear it was so well written and easy to complete.

Great work!

dorothee said...

Wow, that is one beautiful sweater! That actually gives me some inspiration for some leftover sweater yarn I bought too long ago (for a pattern I probably don't like any more).
Great work!