Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lace Blouson

Is it too late for a sleeveless tank in October? No if it is my own handknit! ;) The Lace Blouson was finished on Friday when the weather forecast promised a sunny weekend for me to enjoy it.

I went to Michael's looking for a ribbon for the blouson. Thinking of it now, I should have gone to Jo-Ann's. But anyway, I couldn't find anything that would go well with it. Then I strolled to the beading section and saw some leather lace. Bingo ... the taupe leather lace is perfect:

It may not be as cute as a beautiful ribbon, but I like it very much. I've seen some knitters not working the eyelet row. After some thoughts, I decided to have it because I like the tank the way it was presented in the magazine.

Details:
Pattern: Lace Blouson designed by Kim Dolce (IK Summer 2004)
I got this issue of IK from erin ... and I have to say I love this issue because there are quite a few lovely patterns. And of course, I fell in love with the cover pattern. I made the smallest size with a 35" chest circumference. I have to tell you the fit is perfect. I am especially happy with the armholes.

Yarn: Sunrise Cotton Blend (50% Cotton 50% Rayon) distribed by Taiga Yarns; 3 balls with LOTS of leftovers
Love this yarn ... though it was a bit rough to the hand. However, once washed, the fabric softens a lot. Since it is a fingering weight, the tank is good for really hot weather ... it feels just like cotton tee. I hope they would have a wider choice of colours since I would certainly use it again for summer knits.

Gauge and Needles: 30 sts per 4" in stocking stitch using KnitPicks Classic Circulars US2 and US1
The needle points of the KnitPicks are just perfect, only that the cords don't feel as durable as the Addi's ones. However I like working with the KnitPicks needles more than the Addi's ones because the former cords stay out of my way while knitting, while the Addi's ones, though not twisting, always get in between my hands in a big circle (I hope you get what I mean!).
Since I purl more loose than knit, I have to use the smaller-sized needles for the purling side in order to get the right measurements. It was a bit of a hassle at the beginning. But that just needs a bit of getting used to.

Start date: 07-26-2006
Finish date: 10-05-2006

15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very nice - the leather lace looks great too!

joy said...

I like it better with the tie as well. You'll be so ready when summer comes again next year. :-)

hege said...

Great blouson top, and it looks beautiful on you, too! The leather lace is perfect, much better than a ribbon! I think you can get a lot of wear out of this for a while yet, especially since it's a darker color.

Siow Chin said...

That is a great issue and your blouse is lovely! It certainly is still in time here in HK :)

Rose said...

It looks great!

Laura.Y said...

That is so adorable!

twig said...

Oh I really like that and in California you should have a while to wear that still.

Nora (Black Dog Knits) said...

Beautiful! I came here from someone's blogroll. Your knits are gorgeous - I'll be back.

Jennifer said...

I love it! It's so cute, and judging from the weather today, you can probably still wear it for a week or two.

opportunityknits said...

The leather tie goes well with the lace. Perfect fit, and that's very fine gauge knitting indeed!

Jes said...

Adorable! Love that color =)

alice said...

Lovely sweater--I think the leather lace is perfect! :)

Melissa said...

Very cute sweater! Looks good on you. I like the leather lace, too. Well done.

Debi said...

This is just beautiful Agnes!! The leather gives a bit of snap and it looks fabulous on you! Well done!

Areli said...

Very cute, you look so nice wearing it.