Friday, October 20, 2006

During my vacation ...

I managed to do some knitting ... not a lot, but enough to make myself happy! I brought the Socktoberfest project and a sweater project with me. My experience was that though socks are ideal projects to carry along, the needles are just too small for knitting under the dim light on a plane! Maybe the colourway is too dark, or maybe I am already too old ... I just felt lucky I brought along the sweater project using larger needles! ;)
This is Regine desgined by the talented Saun. She has lots of other beautiful designs, but I just fell in love with Regine the moment I saw her. My only worry was that I might not wear it well. But well ... as you can see, I finally decided to make it. It seems the sleeve fits well. So, just one more sleeve to go!

9 comments:

ruth said...

what a pretty top!! i like its simplicity too. can't wait to see a pic of you in it! =D

twig said...

Pretty color. I bet it will look great on you with your skin tone.

opportunityknits said...

The first thing that struck me about your new project is the colour - such a pretty shade. You chose the best pattern to show off the colour - simple classic with a bit of lace.

Jennifer said...

What a great color. I like the elegant details too. Looks like you got a lot done!

Laura.Y said...

I agree with everyone. It's a really lovely color. I wouldn't worry bout it not fitting u well..:) I think it'll look great on u.

hege said...

I am sure it will look excellent on you! I really like the square neckline, I find that so flattering. That's a beautiful sweater, in a beautiful color. And thanks for the link to the designs of Saun! :)

Mimi said...

I agree with everyone about the pretty color. ;)
When I travel, I like to bring projects that are easier to knit and preferable one that i don't need to follow any chart.

Dipsy D. said...

Errr... were you really allowed to bring big needles - the ones you used for the sweater - with you on board of a plane? I'm jealous, absolutely! They didn't let me take my needles on board when I went to Cyprus, now RyanAir answered a mail of mine with the same thing, they won't allow any needle whatsoever on board - duh. Duh!!! ;(
But hey, I absolutely love your sweater, it's so gorgeous - most especially that lacey detail, and the color is so pretty too!

Rebekah said...

Very pretty. I find that knitting socks are difficult on planes too, I don't know what it is, but for some reason it just doesn't work for me.