Thursday, September 21, 2006

What time is your sunset today?

Though I am a knitter, I have to admit I am a warm-weather person. It is okay for me to live with white snow surrounding for a short vacation ... but with that throughout the whole season? Never happened in my life ... and nothing something I look forward to either. Therefore, the end of the summer season always brings a tint of sadness to me ... never mind that I live in California.

In the past few days, such sad feeling has been creeping up now and again ... especially when I noticed the time for sunset came earlier every day. :( Today, the sun will set at 7:09 p.m. ... less than 2 hours to go!

Well, maybe I should work harder on my winter projects then. The Trellis Scarf is about to be finished:
With blocking, I think it would be long enough.

Or should I hurry to finish the green tank before winter comes? I don't know! How about you? What time is your sunset today?

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm always sad to see the light go too.

ruth said...

ooh, trellis looks so pretty! can't wait to see it as a complete FO. =)

as for summer projects, i hear you on that. not ready for fall to begin just yet. =P

Mimi said...

Although we are still around 80F, it's getting darker around 6:30 p.m. I also prefer warmer days but nothing like a cold day for knitting with wool. I think I am ready for Fall, just for the knitting purpose. ;)

janine said...

I know what you mean. I always get in a bit of a funk when it's the end of summer. Sunset today is about 7.35 before we know it we will be comming home form work in the dark! Depressing.

twig said...

I hate winter, too. My idea of perfect weather was the weather we had in the Philippines. Unfortunately, my husband insisted we retire somewhere with 4 seasons so we get our share of snow.

This is my first winter as a full-blown knitter (I was still stuck on the learning curve last winter) and I'm already cranking out stuff for the winter.

Carie said...

Your trellis scarf looks gorgeous - mine is taking an age - and a huge amount of concentration!

Jennifer said...

I feel the same way about the weather. I've done the extended winters- no nostalgia here.
The Trellis scarf is beeeeautiful, I've yet to start mine.

opportunityknits said...

It's eternally summer over here, so the sun sets at the same time everyday. It was very strange the first time when I was in England to see the sky so bright at night.

Dipsy D. said...

I so love your Trelis scarf, what a cheerful color!
It also makes me sad seeing the light go slowly but surely now - I wonder how people way up north live where they hardly have sunlight in winter, I couldn't cope with that almost eternal darkness!
Our sunset today will be at 7.11 pm, by the way ;)

joy said...

I guess you know that the weather is more agreeable in the fall/winter here, but I certainly thrive on daylight. It's getting darker earlier, but I haven't noticed the time...probably before eight?

I can't wait to see the finished Trellis; it's one of the things on my wishlist.

Knittinreed said...

Trellis looks lovely.
I also like it better when it is lighter later. Our sunset today was 7:21.