Monday, September 11, 2006

Progress

Very good progress actually ... 95% of the boxes have been unpacked and the contents inside being assigned a place in the home! After 2 weeks, Husband said he still hadn't had the feeling of home here ... he is till on vacation mode! I think the elimination of the U-Haul boxes would help him realize this is home, not a Hawaiian hotel! hahaha ... Besides, we are just in time for my mother-in-law's arrival tomorrow.

The resuming of knitting goes a lot better than blogging. Since I don't get to use the laptop, where I store my knitting photos, much during the evening in the new setting, I actually have more time to concentrate on knitting ... in front of the TV. In the past, my attention has always been divided between blog- and news-reading and knitting. But I can still blog in the morning and afternoon ... after housework, that is. ;)

And I have new project to show you too:
I know I am a bit late to the party ... but it's better than never, right? This is the first of my Pomatomus socks. I am using Sockatta in a lovely colourway. When I was knitting the leg, I kept feeling afraid that it would be too tight. But when I tried it on, it fitted surprising well. Since I don't really like knitting through the back loop in the ribbing, I went for a normal knit stitch. So far, I am loving this pattern.

Speaking about sock patterns, there are lots of new patterns popping up in MagKnits and Knitty, have you checked them out yet?

17 comments:

rose said...

That sock is inspirational. Is it a relatively easy pattern to follow?

Mimi said...

It's great that you are enjoying your new home. More relaxing kitting time ahead!
Nowadays, I enjoy knitting and watching TV. It seems that I am utilizing my time more efficiently.

Allena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Siow Chin said...

I would love to knit the P-socks pattern too but most likely the mermaid gloves instead that Steph of Craftoholic made.

Allena said...

i posted the wrong comment before. i like your socks they're great! i love that pattern i thought the same thing that they would be too small but they turned out great. at least i thought.

twig said...

Cute socks.

There have been a lot of nice sock patterns cropping up lately. I need to learn to knit socks faster!

joy said...

I'd kind of like to live in a Hawaiian hotel! :D

I like a lot of the patterns in the new knitty...too many choices this fall!

Debi said...

Hey I know that Sockotta :)

I love the P-Socks in the cotton, I bet they feel great...I hated the thru the back loop, I'm gonna try your way for my next pair!

You made a gorgoeus pair of socks in a light blue hairpainted colorway, the yarn was a lot like Anne ot Bearfoot (with mohair) can you tell me who the vendor was? It is birthday month don't ya know :)

Jeanne said...

Great sock - I really want to do that pattern!

Allison said...

Your socks are lovely! This season's Knitty has several patterns, not just socks, that I want to knit. And there are at least two patterns in Magknits that I want to start. Too many ideas....

Jennifer said...

Yay for unpacking!

I like the new stuff on Knitty and Magknits, but you know, I'm so overwhelmed with the knitting I want to do, it's almost overload to look at new patterns.

opportunityknits said...

It's nice to feel like you're on holiday in your own home :) yes, so many new sock patterns, also in the fall Vogue Knitting.

Peggy said...

Home Sweet Home!! I love the adrendline from moving into a new place and also the stash re-discovery. @_@ You're socks are looking good!!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Wow! I was wondering how my striping Regia silk socks yarn would look in that pattern. Now I have a better idea, and I want to try it out. Thanks for sharing the photo.
=:8

Dipsy D. said...

Awww, I just love the Pomatomus pattern, and yours is going to be an exceptionally gorgeous pair - the yarn you're using makes the pattern really "jump out" - perfect!

Casey said...

Wow, you have been knitting a bunck of really cute socks! All the new patterns almost make me want to knit some socks myself. I can do it but I just don't love knitting socks the same way so many of you do. I'll just admire yours for now. :)

Cookie said...

Yay, more pomatomus socks! I love the abundance of sock patterns now. It's like we're living in the golden era of sock knitting!