Friday, September 08, 2006

I got busted!

Have I told you the story? I don't think so. Well, you know that I am not a yarn-patter. That means when I get new stash, I usually put them away in the closet instead of displaying them around ... which is more convenient for a patter or even a sniffer. My old home is on the whole a very dim and dark place ... without too much sunlight into the living area, not to mention the inner corner of the closet, where there is no electricity fixture. And you all know that how yarn stash grows (too fast, I have to say), right? Yarns placed in a dark closet is like molds spreading in damp corner! And when we unpacked the boxes containing the stash, Husband was amazed at how big it is. Also consider the fact that it was the first time the stash was exposed to full day light ... and the first time he was aware how much I have!

"I think you have enough yarns to knit for the rest of your life!" That was what he said. Well, since I am already 42 years old, that may not be too far away from the truth! hahaha ... But seriously, I am exercising much harsher control on myself. And I discover that not stashing actually means I save lots of time going to LYSs and browsing online shops ... not to mention the money.

6 comments:

twig said...

Instead of exercising control, just get dark shades for the windows so that the like doesn't expose your stash again. *laugh*

Debi said...

I'm sure he has his "toys" that would compare to your stash...pfft! Besides the mark of a true knitter is creative hiding spots :)

Mimi said...

I just wished that there was a way of not stashing yarn. It's fun to bring the colorful skeins home but managing them can be troublesome. ;)

Monica said...

I always get "the look" from my husband if I come home with a bag of yarn. I have enough for 2 or 3 lifetimes.

Rebekah said...

Uh oh. Well I seem to get busted all the time. At least he always prefaces a complaint, but I guess it could be worse and something not useful.

Cookie said...

I find that having yarn out for display really helps with controlling the stash because (a) it prevents you from buying the same or similar things twice, (b) it shows you just how much awesome yarn you have and what's the point of getting any yarn that's less good than what you've already got?, and (c) seeing the sheer size of it can be shaming!