Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bow Tie Socks

Hello everyone, still remember me? ;) I know ... it's been a week since I last post. The new home setting causes a disruption to the daily routine I was so used to that I am still figuring a way to incorporate blogging and knitting back into life.

But I've been knitting here and there though. Remember this? They have now become these:
I like them a lot before than their previous form! The bow tie details are fun to knit and look at them up close:
Cute bow tie!

Details:
Pattern: Mother & Child (May pattern) from The Sock Journal: Knit the Year in Socks
Since I am not going to knit the baby booties, I just call my socks Bow Tie after the stitch pattern. I love this sock pattern book ... there are some others I'd like to make ... some day! ;)

Yarn: Socks that Rock (medium weight) by BMFA Col: Fairgrounds (100% Superwash Merino)
I seriously hope the remaining 3 kits would be containing lightweight yarn ... it's just a personal preference.

Gauge and Needles: 7.5 sts per inch using Plymouth bamboo DPNs US2, casting on 60 sts

Start date: 08-20-2006
Finish date: 09-05-2006

I have also been working on the Trellis scarf ... and it's approaching the end. I am not sure when, but hope to show you the FO soon. For now, wish you a wonderful Friday and weekend.

9 comments:

Toni said...

Socks, socks, socks! These are very cute too!

hege said...

So cute! Much better than the first time through. Really beautiful yarn. I never heard of The Sock Journal before, but that looks like a really cool book!

Hope you are enjoying your new home. Have a great weekend!

Siow Chin said...

Hope you'll settle down soon, Agnes!

Mimi said...

I like the bow tie design as well. Lately, I am enjoying to knit unusual stitches.

It takes sometime to settle down after a move. I normally have this urge to finish unpacking in a few days. By the end, I still have things boxed from my last move.

Debi said...

I like these MUCH better than the first incarnation and I agree with you on the lightweight STR - I like it much better than the medium weight!

Hope you settle in quickly and enjoy your new view!

twig said...

How cute! I really like that stitch pattern.

Jeanne said...

Very cute socks!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Really like how the colorway goes with the sock pattern. Well done. :)
=:8

Catherine Wingate said...

I'm so pleased to see someone knitting up this sock that I designed for adult and baby. I began with the stitch that I thought was fun to knit and then invented a sock name and concept for using it as I'm particularly drawn to stitches that yield a lot of texture or have a high design-to-work payoff, believing, to misquote Cher, that immediate gratification takes too long!

I love many of your other projects including the lovely shawl so you've motivated me to get back to holiday knitting. Thanks.

Catherine Wingate (author/designer of The Sock Journal and Sock Calendar patterns)