Monday, August 14, 2006

Much better this time

After a much disappointing second kit, the sock club's latest kit is a much better one to me. I drew this conclusion from how fast I could finish one sock. Usually, if I could finish fast, that means the pattern is interesting enough to get me hooked. :)
Of course, it is close to being anklet ... that makes the knitting a bit faster. I bet you can't see the pattern clearly. There's nothing wrong with your eyes! It's just the pattern would show a lot better on solid colour ... or if the yarn pools more, like this. Unfortunately, my skein didn't pool this time! See if this is better:
From Lisa K's socks, you can see that the pattern is a bit of faux entrelac. While looking for some new locations to photo the sock, I discovered that the colourway was an exact match of a pot of flowers Husband bought for my birthday this year!
Just that I don't know the name of the flowers!

I have to thank everyone for your lovely comments on Glad. I am not a very fashionable person, so I just copied the various ways to wear Glad from Rowan 39. But some fashion-sensitive knitters from Knitty Coffeeshop thought of even more ways:
I quite like the tied-at-the-back-Kimono style. :)

12 comments:

twig said...

That pattern is really interesting. Even if yours didn't pool the same way Lisa's did, I still think it's pretty.

BTW, there are some cranky folks at that link. *laugh*

Becky said...

The kimono style is really nice. I like that one!

Jeanne said...

Very nice socks - great pattern and the colors are beauitful. Every time I see this I kick myself for not joining the sock yarn club.

Alison said...

I think the socks are very pretty!

Melissa said...

I like the socks! What a neat pattern. I'm going to throw my vote in for the behind-the-back look for the Glad sweater. I really like that one.

Bonnie said...

I adore this sweater!!!!! The colors looks faboo and the various ways to wear it are so great.

Now, you've got me thinking.

Peggy said...

Glad is very beautiful and it's soooo versatile!

opportunityknits said...

I like today's 2 ways of wearing the wrap, so stylish

Dipsy D. said...

This sweater is more than fantastic - if I had the pattern, I would start working on it right away! And ohhh, your socks - you know, I'm the one being bitten by the sock-knitting-bug, and thus I drool over each and every lovely knitted pair - and yours is certainly high up front of them all, it's great! I love the pattern, the colors, everything! Yummy!

knit chick said...

I really like the colorway of the 2nd package from the STR club. I wasn't too crazy about the pattern, but I think would look better with a solid color.

Love the new ways to wear Glad.

Jen said...

Very cool, I love it!!

Lynette said...

Pretty socks! What's up with everyone liking yarn from BMFA lately? I just ordered a bunch of Sock Candy.

I like both ways of wearing Glad, but the first one (tie in front) is a sexy one for evenings.