Thursday, August 17, 2006

It's official now

After much waiting, our application to another apartment complex was finally approved yesterday. Now, the most exciting part is ... we have a little more than 1 week to pack up and get ready for the move! Yes, ONE WHOLE LONG WEEK!

Before we got the approval, we already did some mental sorting. Yesterday, I started throwing out junk/trash that we are not going to take to the new home. Today I did much of the utilities service transfer and change of address. But both tasks are far from completed yet. :(

So, in the coming 2 weeks (at least), blog posts here would be sporadic ... or I should say even more sporadic? :) I may have a drive-by posting if I manage to get something visually worthy finished ... which I highly doubt. I wish you won't forget me when I return ... hehehe ...

Before I go, I want to show you the completed back piece of Lace Blouson:
I am loving this sage green colour.

20 comments:

twig said...

Wow! Have fun packing up and moving!

(I'm loving the sage green color, too.)

Toni said...

Looks fabulous! You've got a busy few weeks ahead of you. Try not to stress out too much with the packing and moving.

Siow Chin said...

Moving is a tough task! Good luck!

joy said...

All the best with your move to the new home!

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

Good luck, and if you have any yarn or knitterly things that need to be de-stashed... I am sure all of us here would be glad to help out! ;)
=:8

Elspeth said...

Sounds like fun -- good luck! The sweater is gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Good luck with the move! The Lace Blouson looks great!

Joanna said...

How exciting, good luck!! Don't forget to keep a simple project nearby for when you have a spare minute or two... :)

Erika said...

GOGOGOGOGO! It's like a military operation. No time to dawdle! Move it, soldier! Tape those boxes! Drag those black plastic garbage bags out to the curb - no not that one it's got all the towels in it!

You really have your work cut out for you. I can empathize! But a week is plenty of time. It'll be really really hard, and by the end of it you'll be completely exhausted, but think of it this way - you only have to survive the next week, and then it's all Easy Street, baby!

Will be thinking of you as I'm packing the U-Haul truck on Sunday for my own move... MOVING SUCKS!!!

Liz said...

Good luck with the move! I'll still be here when you return!

Congrats on getting into the place you want!

That sage green is lovely, it's the color of the walls in my bedroom actually. :)

Alison said...

Very pretty! Good luck on the move!

Peggy said...

Wow, it's gonna be exciting! Congrats! Just don't forget to pack ALL your yarn stash in an easy-to-file system. My yarn is STILL all over the place after my move!

opportunityknits said...

Have fun with your move. We'll be right here when you get back :)

knit chick said...

Love the color.

Have fun packing!

hege said...

Good luck with the move! I hope it goes smoothly. Personally, for me, I hope I never move again in my life :) The lace blouson is beautiful! It's going to look wonderful on when it's finished. A very pretty pattern.

Jes said...

Holy cow! One week? You are brave. Good luck!!!

Carole said...

One week doesn't give you much time. Good luck with the move.

sprite said...

Good luck with the move. You can do it!

Mimi said...

Best wishes for your moving! It's always nice to move to a new place. ;)
Missed several of your posts but I checked all your beautiful work. The variegated blue socks and the mohair stole/sweater are great knits!

Rebekah said...

Yeah a new place! Will this one have air conditioning?