Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hippy Crunchy

About the new apartment ... yes, there is air conditioning here! Yay! Actually, we don't really need to use it under normal circumstances. But just in case the crazy heat wave returns, I don't have to escape to the library anymore. And no, still no pet is allowed here. :(

Since the new home is only 15 minutes away from the old one, and we had one week before the end of the lease, we left most of the clean up to be done during this last week. Yesterday, I finally finished everything there. Now, I can really devote all my time on the new home. What is left to be done is the books and magazines. Due to all these, I could seldom find time to knit or blog during the past week.

So, I can only show you an old FO. The Hippy Crunchy socks were finished during the week before the move. The packing was really not an enjoyable task. So, I packed some and knitted some ... well, honestly, packed some and knitted lots. :) I like this pair a lot ... the pattern is fun to knit, the lightweight yarn is what I like and the length of the leg is cute.


Details:
Pattern: Hippy Crunchy designed by (?) for Rockin' Sock Club of BMFA
Though the pattern doesn't show well with my skein of yarn without the pooling, I still like it a lot. It has been a fun knit ... and the fabric is really stretchy. I also like the rolled hem edge though it is a bit troublesome to knit.
About the heels. I am so comfortable using Wendy's double wrap short row heel that I haven't tried or learned other short row methods at all. The Hippy Crunchy pattern used Pricilla A. Gibson-Roberts' yarn over method. I thought it was time to try something new. That's an interesting method ... though I am not sure if I like it as much. Maybe it was my first time ...

Yarn: Socks That Rock (Lightweight) by Blue Moon Fiber Arts Col: Peaseblossom (100% Superwash Merino)
No question asked ... I definitely like the lightweight a lot better than the medium one.

Gauge and Needle: Susan Bates US1 casting on 64 sts

Start date: 08-09-2006
Finish date: 08-20-2006

While we are still on the topic of socks ... I got sock lucky last week. Yay yay yay!

9 comments:

twig said...

Your socks are so cute. They're perfect for running around in shorts.

And lucky you winning the contest. Those are going to be cute, too.

somebunnysloveDOTcom said...

I always hated unpacking. After four years, we still are opening up boxes. Love the sock pattern and congrats on winning!
=:8

Siow Chin said...

Lucky you! I'm never good at contests.

Mimi said...

Your new socks are so cute with the low cut style.
I was laughing at your words "packed some and knitted lots". I did the same last week. I cleanned little and knitted lots. :D

Jeanne said...

Very cute socks!

Debi said...

Don't worry, you can still be the P-Man's favorite auntie!

I love these socks, so cute!

Guess what? I heard from Chris! I asked her to drop you a line so I won't speak for her but she's fine!

Have a great weekend!

Alison said...

Adorable socks!

Peggy said...

Cute! And they are a perfect fit. I don't mind the pooling... the purples and blues are so pretty!

Rebekah said...

I seriously love those socks, in fact it's almost making me want to knit a pair of socks again. Almost. i figure one of these days I'll get the bug again, like anything else.