Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Start-o-Mania Part 2

If only one project was started, it wouldn't be justified to be called "mania". Today, I am going to show you the second project I started during the past weekend. I've told you before that I love Teva Durham's Loop-D-Loop because the designs are all very cool. Now there is another book that I think I love as much as I do Loop-D-Loop - Norah Gaughan's Knitting Nature.

Now I've read about a major project disaster from that book ... but there are lots of other successful stories if you visit the KAL blog. I was especially encouraged by this post since that was what I wanted to make first:
How I wish I would look as cool as her
when I wear my tank!


Due to the shape of the front cabled panel, it was really difficult to take photo of the whole thing. This is the best I could do:
What you see here are the back, the left front and the central cabled panel. I think I have knitted with lace weight, sock weight and sport weight yarns for too long ... and have forgotten how fast dk yarn would knit up. Besides, it is a crop tank. I would love to make it longer ... but that would involve some "complicated" calculations ... so I decided to stick to the cropped style. Now I just need to knit the right front and some finishing. FAST!

Right now, I only have one concern. The shoulder stitches for the back are 13 on each side. There are 2 stitches remaining on the left front and 20 stitches on the central panel. I have checked the pattern ... there would be 13 stitches remaining on the right front. I am not sure how the left front plus the central panel would fit with the back shoulder. And yes, I haven't checked the instructions for the finishing yet. I don't have the habit of thoroughly studying the whole pattern before I start.

10 comments:

twig said...

Oh that is cute. Is it a cotton yarn?

Mimi said...

I am so envious of all your projects! :) I need to knit faster, so little knitting happening these days...

Jennifer said...

It's looking great so far!

opportunityknits said...

Wow, you say you started, but you're almost finishing! I also do not have the habit of reading the entire pattern before I start.

Debi said...

It's beautiful, so interesting! And such a lovely shade of blue! Can't wait to see it modelled :)

Rebekah said...

My husband made me buy that book, which was shipped yesterday by Amazon, because of one of the male sweaters in it. It's one of my next projects, well after the 5 bazillion other next projects.

Siow Chin said...

Wow, at least your start-o-mania is fruitful. My starts are still so in their start stage, barely moving.

joy said...

That tank looks so cool! I was very gung-ho about a lot of the patterns until I started reading about the errors. Good to know this is working out.

Dipsy said...

Oh, your tank is coming along so beautifully, I'm totally in love with the pattern and the color you're using! It's going to be a real beauty!

Becky said...

I've seen that design and I LOVE it. Interesting construction and design elements. Why can't we see more designs for tanks like that???