Friday, July 14, 2006

Start-o-Mania Finale

Before I show you the final project (!) which I started last weekend, I'd like to know if you've ever gone to bed with a headache and then woken up with a headache the next day. Wednesday night just when my head touched the pillow, I started to feel a very faint headache ... not a painful one, just that you can feel it. Somehow I managed to fall asleep. Then, Thursday morning when I woke up, that headache was still there! I couldn't help but wonder if it was there all the time while I was sleeping ... even though I was unconscious of it, being asleep. Maybe it was because of this that I felt so tired during the day. Just wondering.

So, now back to the finale project of the weekend start-o-mania. It was a continuation of the mohair madness. :D The Feza Kid Mohair, as with other mohair yarns, makes a very warm wear. I was sweating when taking pictures of Birch. So, it would really be nice to have a mohair cardigan for summer nights or breezy beach trips, no? This from Rowan 39 caught my eye:
I have seen normal real people (as opposed to fashion models ... and you have to scroll down a bit to see the pictures) wearing this airy cardi and they look good in it. So I decided to go ahead with my Feza stash (don't ask me how many of this I snatched from my LYS ... I just stopped when none left! hahaha ... ):
I think the striping adds a boyish feel (like a rugby polo) and tones down the ultra femininist look of the original ... which suits me well! I pushed really hard trying to make the first front piece reach the armhole ... but I could only make about 10 cm. However, the mohair with big needles (US7 is big to me!) makes a fast knit.

And I swear ... I only realized all the start-o-mania projects were in blue on Monday morning when I started thinking of the blog post!

17 comments:

Toni said...

Love those colors! I've gone to bed with a headache and awoken with one--usually due to incoming weather or allergies. Hope you're feeling better!

Starfish said...

Yes! If you feel a headache coming on it will always be there in the morning! Make sure you take something before you fall asleep!!

Good luck on the cardi!

Liz said...

That yarn is lovely! I can't wait to see what your finished garment will look like! I too prefer to tone down ultra feminine things so I think your version will appeal to me more.

I often have the same headache issue but I tend to get headaches from allergies and sinus issues and those linger until I deal with the sinus issue.

claudia said...

I really like that mohair wrappy cardi pattern and am considering making it myself.

Kathy said...

Agnes

Your REAL PEOPLE knit approach is right on for me. The blues are incredible on that mohair baby!

Ive gone to sleep with the same faint headache and woken up too wondering the same thing! Good that you slept through it. Hope it goes away for good.

Melissa said...

That's a very cute sweater!

About the headaches...just last night I went to bed with a pretty bad headache, and it was still there this morning. Not as bad, but still there. Generally related to weather, allergies, or hormones. Hope you're feeling better.

opportunityknits said...

Oh, the blue stripey mohair is gorgeous, gorgeous. How I wish I could wear mohair but it's impossible here. And, Agnes, I really like your idea of starting - you've got the back done already! When I start, it's really a couple of inches :)

Dipsy said...

Oh, poor you - I feel with you! I rarely get headaches, but when I do, they last, like, 3 days and not even painkillers make them go away. One really can't help wondering if they're there all through our sleep? Obviously they are - scary thought! I hope you're feeling a lot better now!
I love your new project, and once more you've been knitting it up so quickly! It's going to become a real beauty, the design is fascinating and I just know that it's going to suit you perfectly!

shanwen said...

Drink some green tea and get some rest. You have knitting a lot i realise .. juggling 3 WIPs at the same time, i hope to see that airy cardigan done soon :) love that blue tank top too!!

Debi said...

I love your take on this new cardi - it's stunning in the stripey mohair and it's gonna look great on you!

quiltyknitwit said...

That drapey sweater is lovely and I would imagine it'd look good on most people. Try drinking lots of water to help get rid of a headache. Sometimes dehydration can cause a headache, and it's been rather warm lately

Siow Chin said...

I had such a bad headache on Saturday after sewing the zipper pouch (yes it took me one whole day to sew just a zipper pouch), went to bed with the headache, a piercing kind of ache at the right temple, and woke up on Sunday with the exact same headache :(

joy said...

That's going to look so good in stripy blue! I go through color phases too. :-)

Hope you're well now. If you were here, I'd recommend Chinese medicine. ;-)

Peggy said...

The blue is gorgeous! I like how the cardigan fronts can be tied up or tossed on the shoulders like a shawl. Genius!

Jes said...

Ugh! I go to bed with headaches and wake up with them still, sometimes better, sometimes worse. I get migraines though. A lot of times I have a nasty headache that wakes me up. Usually I can take some meds and go back to sleep and get better, but it doesn't always work. Sometimes I have them for a week at a time, so don't feel bad, you're not alone =)

That blue is gorgeous. I really like the shape of that sweater. I can't wait to see it on. =)

Becky said...

Very nice choice of project! The kind of accessory that can be coupled with nearly anything and look great.

Rebekah said...

Oh that will be a beautiful knit.

I've gone to bed a lot with a headache and woken up with one, it's very annoying.