Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sock and Soccer

Sock #2 when Chef's Salad (with chicken) was served (and the match was still in the first half):

Sock #2 when Team Italy scored their second goal in the last minute of extra time (heel was turned with about an inch into the foot):
I am not soccer (I used to call it football ... but you know in the US, you have to call it soccer to be understood correctly!) fan and honestly, I don't really care too much even if it was World Cup. Husband and his friend went to a pub to watch the match ... I just tagged along to eat ... and to knit! :D Yes, since I was there, I did watch the match ... and even shouted with the crowd!

9 comments:

shanwen said...

Yay.. Knit and eat in the pub! Enjoy it all... the world cup is ending soon.
Love that colour of your sock!

joy said...

I'm glad my husband is not football crazy, though the boys know when and who are playing the matches. :D Your sock is looking good; I really like that stitch pattern on the cuff.

twig said...

Good progress on the sock. Sounds like there was good food, too. Gotta love uninterrupted knitting time.

opportunityknits said...

I know nothing about football, but my church is screening the final match and serving satay for a midnight supper!

Peggy said...

I don't know much about football either. I also join the boys just to knit on the side :)

Rebekah said...

Looks like the sock had a wonderful time, and the food looks pretty good too.

Jennifer said...

Sporting events are around so we can knit, aren't they?

Lynette said...

I love going to pubs especially when there's a big sporting event on TV. Haven't tried knitting at the pub yet, but your sock is an inspiration for the next time, hehehe. Love that color. Looks like you got a lot done, too. Soccer games are good for that.

Lu said...

I was knitting a sock as well during the game, actually worring that my tention was going to be off ;-)