Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pilgrimage

So it seems that everyone who's been to San Francisco has visited Artfibers ... except me! So during the weekend when Husband told me he was going to attend a conference in San Francisco yesterday, I decided to tag along and pay a visit to this famous store.

Damn! I should have gone earlier!

They offer yarntasting ... you can try knitting up the yarn that you like right there. Since I didn't have too much time to spare, I went almost straight to my target ... and without much ado, I took home these:
3 spools of Tsuki (40% silk, 60% superkid mohair) in a lovely greenish colour. This stuff is good ... if you love Rowan KSH, this stuff is as good as KSH. If I hadn't started the mohair wrap cardigan already, I would use this for the project. Now I may use them to make the KSH sweater Aimee from Vintage Style.

Damn! I should have gone earlier!

I also spotted another yarn that I like ... Hana. I am thinking if I can use it for this:
Usually, shrug patterns don't work on me ... but this one ... ever since I saw it on the kpixie newsletter, I couldn't push it away from my mind.

Damn! I should have gone earlier!

15 comments:

twig said...

You should have gone earlier! Glad you found some goodies.

Siow Chin said...

I'm not a shrug girl too but oh dear, this one looks so good!

Dipsy said...

Woah, Artfibers sounds like total paradise! I especially love the fact that you can do "yarn tasting" there, knitting up a bit with several yarns to see if you'd like the feel of it! Austrian yarn stores should do that kind of customer service as well, but believe me, they won't, not in a million years :(
That shrug looks absolutely amazing!

opportunityknits said...

The shrug is such a luxurious looking one!

Joanna said...

Haha, maybe you should have gone earlier, but at least you're close enough now to go back! :) Don't forget about their other great selling points - discounts if you spend enough $$, custom sweater design... oh, sigh, I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country right now. And the Hana is gorgeous, isn't it? I also really like Kyoto/Satori and would love to see the lighter-weight versions of those yarns that they just came out with.

Jennifer said...

Drooling over that fantastic shade of green...
It will look awesome as Aimee!

Laura said...

Oh I've been drooling long distance over the Tsuki yarn! I wish I could see it in person. I want to touch it it. I want to buy it!

Lynette said...

OK, now *I'm* the only person who hasn't visited Artfibers in San Francisco. Damn, I should've gone last time I was there.

Very purty yarn there madame. Excellent taste in fibers.

Debi said...

That shrug it stunning and will look GREAT on you!!

Did you know Smiley's has Cottonese (limited colors) for $1.99????

Debi said...

One more thing...can you tell me what the sizing is on the asymetric tank you just finished?

Jeanne said...

Beautiful yarn...now I want to go to San Francisco!

claudia said...

Your own fault: I've done my part in spreading the Artfibers word.

;-)

I had not made the connection between Tsuki and KSH...I might like the Artfibers colors better.

Elspeth said...

ooh, I love that shrug! I went to Artfibers when I was somewhat of a newbie, at least to buying yarn, so I need to go back when I know to buy whether you have a project in mind or not!

Peggy said...

That's a beautiful green yarn... the shrug looks delicious!

Vanessa said...

Oh That place is dangerous! I used to work just couple blocks away from Artfibers and had spent many lunch break over there. Those Tsukis you got are so gorgeous! Can't wait to see your Aimee.