Monday, June 19, 2006

Yet another weekend without a stitch

The heat was on! And it was just too warm staying inside the apartment ... so on Saturday we ventured out to meet with other members of Husband's car club, have a group drive through the mountains towards Danville in San Ramon Valley, have a wine tasting (which soon turned into wine drinking ... hahaha ...) in the beautiful Elliston Vineyards, enjoy some good BBQ food. Back home, I think both of us suffered mild dehydration. After drinking lots of water and some King Arthur pizzas, we went to bed early.

Sunday was not stay-home time either. We left early and crossed the Golden Gate Bridge (again!) ... then visited Olema, Point Reyes National Seashore (but we didn't visit the Lighthouse since we were poorly equipped for the severe weather!) and Point Reyes Station (where you can find the Old Western Saloon ... recently visited by the British Royalties). The day was fun-filled with various landscapes, vegetation, animals and pioneering atomspheres of old historic small towns. But the down side was I suffered another mild dehydration and had quite a severe headache when I was back home!

Though without actual knitting, I do have some knitting news. A few weeks ago, I visited AmiAmi again and found that their summer yarn sample book was available. I sent an email requesting one. The sample book arrived quite promptly. Besides their excellent customer service, I was also very impressed by the qualities of some of their yarns:
I especially like the silk and silk blends in the samples. So, last week, I used my yarn free day of June to purchase the silvery grey Silk Linen for a lace stole. It is not really lace weight, more of a fingering one. I am now eagerly waiting for the yarns to arrive! ;)

Now look at these:
These little swatch cards were made by Major Knitter with some sock yarn leftovers I donated in March. Part of the proceeds from these cards will go to a charity. You can follow the link to read more about them. I think they are incredibly cute!

Finally, my second sock pal received her socks ... and she told me they fitted perfectly. I think she likes them! ;)

9 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Thanks for the reminder about Ami Ami. The grey silk looks sumptious, no wonder you ordered it.

Siow Chin said...

Tell me about the heat! That's why I resorted to sewing. Those knit cards are so adorable!

Mimi said...

Linen and silk sounds great for a stole!

Jennifer said...

I love the Lighthouse at Pt. Reyes! Too bad you couldn't go there.

I'll have to try the Ellison Vineyard. Haven't been there. RM and I are heading out to Sonoma on Sunday to celebrate our anniversary. I love living in a place so close to great wine. :-)

hege said...

Sounds like a great weekend! And those card are adorable!

alice said...

Oooh--silk linen! Sounds lovely...

Debi said...

Even tho there was no knitting it sounds like you had a fun, albiet hot, weekend! You should freeze some bottles of water and take em with you in the car. You can drink em as they melt!

Dipsy D. said...

Wow, such a great weekend you had - I so love the pic of the vineyard, such beauty, I'd love to be there right now!
Gosh, silk linen - I just touched some at the yarn store yesterday and really drooled away, what an amazing feel to the skin! Must.Get.Some.Too!

Rebekah said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, even without knitting.

Aren't those cards adorable!