For Birch, what you see in the photo was my second attempt ... stocking stitch version. During the first try, I found that besides the garter stitch background, I also didn't like the way the colours striped. So, this time, I am knitting with 2 balls ... it seems to work better this way. I deliberately didn't work too much on Birch since I know I would not be able to put it down. I just did one and a half pattern repeats to get to see the pattern. Birch would be the bait to get me work more conscientiously on the Leftover Tank ... which should be an easy and fast knit but somehow I've been procrastinating.
Oh yes, I have also been busy trying to get to know this new toy (not the bridge!):