Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Driven by a dream

Tuesday morning, I woke up with the scenes of a dream still vivid in my mind, which is a very rare thing to me. In the dream, I saw a very cute young girl wearing a sleeveless tank very familiar in sight. I looked more closely ... and found that it was my Leftovers Tank ... okay, what my Leftovers Tank was supposed to look like when I finally finish it. I think I asked her about it in the dream. And she told me something like she found it half-finished sometime somewhere ... and she took it and obviously finished it! I remember there was an ambiance of sadness in the dream ... not me ... but rather the project felt abandoned by me ... though it eventually went into better hands. When I woke up, I still felt that vague sadness.

I don't like it. So, yesterday, I worked solely on the Leftovers Tank. I was wishing I could get to the armholes:
I was able to get an extra inch done more than what you can see in this picture. Now would be be the time to figure out how to shape the armholes.

Yet, there would be distraction from this project ... but for a good cause. When I was waiting for my Sockapaloooza socks, I decided I would sign up as sock saviour. I was lucky and got a pair of beautiful and well-made socks ... but all who took part in the fun should be able to do so. This morning, I got an assignment from Sock Mom. Since my new sock pal has been waiting for her socks for more than a month already, I think I would devote all my time to get her socks done ASAP. I am now done with the cuff of the first sock ... and I'll show you pictures when I get more done.

The last thing I'd like to show you:
Those of you who already have a PDA with GPS, don't tell me this wasn't the first thing you try! LOL!

11 comments:

twig said...

You'll get that tank finished and it will be happy again! I love the colors so far. I never do stripes on my own because I can't ever tell what will look good together. It seems that you don't have that trouble.

Siow Chin said...

You are so kind to be a sock saviour! Your stripey tank is turning out great, don't think too much!

Ruth said...

i agree, your tank looks really cute - i really do love all those stripes =)

Jeanne said...

The tank is really cute! I don't have a PDA with a GPS, but now I want one!

Marina said...

Wow, I'm glad I don't dreams like that one ;-) Bad enough that I have to look at my pile of WIPs in "real" life & on my blog but to dream of them, that's scarey!

Jennifer said...

Love the GPS... Can that be a permanent setting? ;)

Shelley said...

Oh, one good reason to upgrade my phone! I love the tank, and you know it's bad when your knitting starts talking to you in your sleep!

Rebekah said...

Great tank! I'm sure you'll look as fabulous in it as your model in the dream did.

How nice of you to be a sock savior!

opportunityknits said...

Agnes, you're such a sweetie to be a sock saviour. Love the colours on your leftovers.

Mimi said...

Your leftover will be great to wear this summer.
I would love to have a GPS with all those LYS! ;)

Debi said...

The tank is gorgeous! You need to get at it cause it will look spectacular on you! BTW if you want, I can "make" you a pattern for armhole shaping on either sweater wizard or my knitware programs! Let me know!

Forget GPS, I'm horribly jealous that you have so many LYS within about 30 minutes! WOW!