Thursday, June 22, 2006

42 is a magic number

Just because I happen to be 42 years old today! :D Yeah, it's my birthday again. Recieved my father's birthday card to me yesterday in which he asked me how it felt one year closer to becoming a senior citizen ... HAHAHA ... he always has such sense of humour! Any special feelings? Except that I am feeling very comfortable with myself being in the 40s, nothing special. Actually, I had always longed to become old when I was young. Teens and the 20s were definitely not the prime time of my life ... I looked dorky, geeky and awkward ... felt the exact same way about myself. Husband always says I am the type who gets to look better with age. Wanna see my dorky look?


I don't remember how old I was in this,

but most probably before my graduation
from the university.
I had a really good laugh
when I received this some time ago,
sent to me from my parents in Hong Kong.



Me at my university graduation
ceremony. The age of the big glasses!
Husband actually asked me
who this was when
he saw this photo ... hahaha ...


Punting in Cambridge, England
where I took a class in English teaching ...
though I was already
working then, I still looked dorky!


This was me in my early 30s (I think!),
when I was travelling in Taipei, Taiwan.
The hair was suffering from
a previous tight curl perm ...
and I was not really used to
having long hair
(yeah, this length was LONG to me then!)

But talking about my favourite picture of myself, here it is:

Weren't I just darn cute as an one-year-old baby?

I will have updates on knitting in the coming post.

23 comments:

twig said...

Happy Birthday, Agnes. I, too, feel more comfortable in my skin now that I'm in my 40's.

Cute kid!

alice said...

Happy birthday, Agnes!!!

marirob said...

Happy Birthday! I love the photos you posted, and you were a darn cute baby!!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!! I loved your photos, especially the one with you so young!! Are you and Husband going to go out and celebrate tonight? =)

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness that picture of you as a tot, is absolutely adorable.

I think I'll be happy in my 40's too, I like getting older, I like you, wasn't a good teenager or 20 year old person.

Have a great day.

Diana said...

Happy Birthday! Your photos are great, thanks for sharing them!

joy said...

Happy birthday, Agnes!! You're still pretty cute now. ;-)

opportunityknits said...

Happy Birthday, Agnes. Those are such cute photos. I like being in my forties too.

Siow Chin said...

Happy Birthday, Agnes! Hee, hee, I remember those big glasses day.

Mimi said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you are having a great day and enjoy going through your younger days pictures. ;)

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday! And yes, you were a cute baby!

Laura.Y said...

oh gosh, i came too late! Happy Belated Birthday Agnes! :D

hege said...

Happy birthday, Agnes! You look cute in all your pictures, what are you talking about! But 42 is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. (Douglas Adams) :)

Laura said...

Happy Day after Birthday Agnes! I hope it was a good one.

(BTW, I can't believe that you are 42! But then I can't believe that I'm 36.)

Debi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGNES HUNNY!!!!
You look beautiful in all your pics, dorks are beautiful too ya know :)

I hope you have an extra special birthday and all your wishes come true! Pumpkin says Here's a special birthday purr and chirp Auntie Agnes!!! xxxx

Jes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! The pictures are great. I love that black and white baby picture, it has great nostalgia.

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday!

I think you are cute in all of those pictures!

And even cuter now!

katie said...

Happy, happy birthday! Great pictures!

Becky said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AGNES! [Throws confetti around.] I love the pictures. You haven't changed hardly any at all!

alltangledup said...

Happy birthday!!!! Thanks for sharing all those pictures. You looked lovely in all of them!

shobhana said...

happy belated birthday, agnes!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, somewhat belatedly!!!

And you were quite the cute little baby :) Love baby pictures.

knit chick said...

All this time I thought you were in your late 20s & younger than me. Happy belated birthday! Thanks for sharing the pictures. The baby one is too cute!