Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Now I look like an impatient jerk!

Because I received my socks today! Lookie here:
I should have waited a few more days before whining here! But first thing I did after trying on the socks and taking photos was to email an apology to Kristy of Simple Elegance (I like the name of her blog), who made these beauties for me.

If you've been reading my blog since last year, you may remember I made a pair of New England for myself. But I have to confess that I only wear them when all the socks are in the hamper waiting for laundry day ... I didn't do very well with adjusting the size for myself ... and they are actually a bit big. For some time, I have been considering making another pair because the pattern is a very beautiful one. Now, I have my custom made Koigu (in sumptuous orchid) New England! The fit is just perfect:
Notice I have been playing with the camera again? :) We don't have air-conditioning here, otherwise, I would put it in full force (just for the day) so that I could wear them the whole day! I think the socks would go very well with my Sampler Stole ... the colours match so well! :D

Once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Kristy! I love them!

21 comments:

joy said...

Isn't that one of Murphy's Laws? Whining about not getting it, and then getting it right away? :D

They're lovely socks, and they do fit perfectly. Lucky you!

Jennifer said...

Lovely socks! I have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick up two packages that came for me. I'm hoping that one of them is my sockapaloooza socks! I hope mine are as fabulous as yours!

Dipsy D. said...

So glad that you did hear from your sockpal after all - and wow, these socks absolutely rock! They seem to fit perfectly, and the pattern and color are so pretty!

grumperina said...

Simply gorgeous! They look like they fit you perfectly, and the slight delay is totally worth it!

Toni said...

Those are so pretty--what a lovely color!

Debi said...

Lovely socks, worth the wait!

erin said...

Your socked feet look so happy!

marirob said...

Your socks are so pretty - and such a fantastic color! It's so much fun to see people receive their socks!

Alison said...

Lovely socks! Glad they came and they are spectacular!

nona said...

Beautiful socks -- you had an excellent sock buddy!

Elspeth said...

Those are great!

Jen said...

That's a really interesting beautiful pattern. They look great on you!

Kathy said...

Im so happy that your partner came through for you. They are so lovely. I would have been just like you waiting, in fact I think I was the first time I did sockapalooza. I hoped I wasnt getting the short end of the stick. Hooray for you!

trek said...

Great socks, they are.

Mimi said...

It was a nice surprise,the socks are so elegant!

claudia said...

Very pretty. I've been looking at that pattern myself.

twig said...

How pretty. Lucky you!

Becky said...

Kristy knit you some beautiful socks! And darn that post...it is slow sometimes (and I know this from experience. Hee hee!)

Liz said...

AH, Good things come to those who wait, and wait you did. Those are lovely. And look fantastic on you!

Sheryl said...

Those are gorgeous! The color is one of my fav's and the pattern is beautiful.

Jason said...

Those socks are awesome! Lucky girl! :-)