Monday, May 15, 2006

But I don't have neighbours to hate!

After reading Kathy's post this morning, I had a very strong urge to post immediately since what she wrote were exactly my sentiments the past week ... "Or maybe I am… I don’t know, you guys, what’s the etiquette? When do I get worried? Should I be concerned that my pal has never contacted me from an anonymous e-mail address?" But I decided to wait ... until 15 minutes ago when the postman came ... and there is still no trace of any news from my sock pal. I am at a loss ... what can I do? Unlike Kathy, I can't even hate my neighbours as Mr Postman puts our packages in front of our respective doors! No mixing up! :( Well, there is always tomorrow ... this is how I comfort myself.

On to something better. Thanks everyone for your concerns. Despite the scary experience on Friday, we had a really good time the past weekend. First, it was the first autocross this season. I was Husband's co-pilot and this was the view from the car when we were waiting for his turn:
I think I was a co-pilot who, instead of helping to guide the driver, could only laugh (due to extreme excitement of the high speed) like a mad woman! When we were not in the car, we had to work on the field under the sun. Therefore, by the end of the day, I was completely wasted!

Then to compensate last week's terrible dining out experience, we went to a reputable restaurant for Sunday brunch. If you ever come to the area, I highly recommend this restaurant ... you won't be disappointed. Since the afternoon temperature was really high, we then stayed home and had a nap until around 5 p.m. before we went for a drive in the mountains. We took a new route and went to a beautiful reservoir area where people were fishing and camping:
Some sections of the route were really narrow. We would get into trouble if there were a big truck coming in the opposite direction:
Also, we came across numerous places where there had been mudslides and rockslides during the record-breaking rain season 2 months ago. Though the road conditions were basically restored, there is always the possibility that the hill slopes are still soaked and prone to moving. But all these risks were worth it when you could see sheep and horses:
And even alpaca (which I was not fast enough to capture)! But the real surprise was the sunset at Pescadera State Beach:
Are you wondering why I am telling you all these? LOL! Just to prepare you for the fact that I haven't knitted a stitch the whole weekend! :D

17 comments:

Rose said...

aye. that is a bummer that you havent heard from your pal. i hope that all is well and your socks are making their way to you now.

And yes, the best thing about mail is that there is always tomorrow (that is what i tell myself as i await my new IK which every other subscriber seems to have gotten. And that is nowhere near as cool as sockapaloooza socks).

grumperina said...

We wait together... hopefully they'll come soon :).

Debi said...

Well when you have a fun and exciting weekend like yours, there's no time for knitting...it's ok once in a while :)

I think I've done my last Sock exchange. I got my cute socks but I know of at least 4 friends who haven't heard a peep. That just sucks! I'll be your sock angel tho!

Mimi said...

Oh nice outing and you are excused from "no knitting"!:D California's coastal zone is just so nice.

Siow Chin said...

Hope your socks will arrive soon. I know how it feels. I got fleeced for Backtack II, I got a 'no-show' pal who dropped from the face of this earth.

Dipsy D. said...

Gosh, what a let-down it must be when your sock pal just doesn't contact you - I do have my fingers crossed for you that she will get in touch soon though!
Your autocross day sounds so cool - I do admit I'm a car- and speeding nut, and what better to combine that than at the autocross? Great thing indeed!
And I love the pics from your drive through the mountains, such a gorgeous countryside!

Ruth said...

hmm, we'll keep that restaurant in mind when we're in the area! the last time i was in that neighborhood was a couple weekends back... and i still couldn't get over how much retail is on saratoga ave (especially near prospect... where the mall is). when i grew up there, there was hardly anything there!

erin said...

Hope your socks turn up real soon.

Karen said...

Looks like you hd fun! Nice outing eh?

Janine said...

I would drop a line to your sock sister, She can then find out for you what the hold up is. It is possible that your sock pal is a newbie ( like I was) and didn't know about contacting their pal by email using an secret address. Your auto cross looks interesting. Over here what we call auto cross is basically banker racing on a sandy beach :-)

Counting Stitches said...

Hi Agnes! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you had a great time (the beach shots are beautiful) and especially hope that the postman brings you some sock pal socks!

joy said...

I'm trying to imagine how fast your husband was driving; I'd probably pass out! :)

That was nice scenic drive... Hope you get your socks soon!

Becky said...

I hope you hear from your sock pal soon. Maybe the post is delayed, or maybe she got the socks out late?

Jenifer said...

Hey there Agnes! Sorry about that no sock yet thing! I've gotten slightly sour after spoiling a few sps, and then not getting anything in return ... oh well! I hope yours show up! Meanwhile re: that bernat cotton tots: it's sort of a periwinkle color, not quite blue or purple ... which is perfect for a few dresses I have with that color in them. Take care!

Jennifer said...

Well, when you're having lots of fun, it's fine not to knit! ;)

I heard from my sockpal, but still no socks for me either... Here's hoping all works out for both of us.

twig said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend -- regardless of knitting or not.

Gorgeous sunset.

Dani said...

Wonderful weekend indeed!!

And I just thought you might like to know that you are NOT alone in your sock pal woes - I've heard nothing from mine either. Maybe today's the day for both of us?