Thursday, May 25, 2006

Amazing Lace - Tale of the Tape*

I am not even sure if I would be travelling this summer, but the moment I knew about this knitalong, I just knew that I wanted to join ... badly. It would be great fun, no?

So, meet the Amazing Lace team à la Knitting in the Valley:
This is me, Rowan 34 and 3 balls of Feza Kid Mohair. To suit the spirit of the knitalong, I went to the central park for an outdoor sunny photo shot. It was a pity that I couldn't get the fountain at the back into the frame.

Though I have already completed 3 serious lace projects (River Stole, Kiri, Sampler Stole), the first lace project that I had really been dying to make is Birch. Why? Just go and take a look at this. I first learned about Birch reading Claudia's progress on hers. Since then, I have been wanting my Birch. :) So, naturally, she is my major Amazing Lace teammate.

*Obviously I watched too much HBO Boxing and Ultimate Fighting Championship with Husband. Before every fight, the introductions of the fighters are called "tale of the tape". When I learned of Challenge #1, the phrase just stuck in my mind and wouldn't go away. ;)

18 comments:

Siow Chin said...

Go for it, Agnes!

erin said...

the mohair is such a pretty colour. I haven't had much success knitting with thin mohair, so I'll definitely be looking out for your wonderful tips!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful color - your Birch will be lovely! Can't wait to see your progress.

hege said...

I am going to join, too, but have not yet come up with a project... Your color is beautiful, your birch will be lovely. Can't wait to see it!

Becky said...

Birch is a beautiful lace project. What a perfect color you picked for it.

Jennifer said...

Birch is a gorgeous shawl, and the color you've chosen is so beautiful!

katie said...

Birch is going to be gorgeous. Good luck to your team!

Dipsy D. said...

I'm totally in love with Birch, it's such an awesome project - and the color of the yarn you chose for it is just perfect!

Jason said...

Can't wait to see updates on Birch! Go Agnes!

Rebekah said...

I thought about joining in, but decided I have too many other oars in the water right now. But I see some definite lace in my near future, just not sure what kind.

Monica said...

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!

Debi said...

I love this pic of you, so cute!

Beautiful color choice for Birch, I can't wait to see her finished!

I loved knitting her so much I knit TWO :)

Mimi said...

I love so much the touch of mohair but I'ven't being able to knit with it. Just bought some new mohair, will follow your tips!

BeccaU said...

I've yet to do my Amazing Lace Challenge / Meet the Teams entry, but I wanted to say that I am glad I am not the only one with a television phrase stuck in my head for it!
God luck!

Cathy said...

OK--you've talked me into signing up for another KAL--but it's at least inspiring me to get moving on the project that's been waiting in the wings for the past several months--Frost Flowers and Leaves, out of A Gathering of Lace. Thanks? I think....

Rachel said...

That'll be just lovely. Glad to see you're taking your knitting to new places -- nearby is just as good as far away!

Melissa said...

A little late to the party here, but good luck on your travels with Birch! It's a fun knit. Can't wait to watch your progress.

claudia said...

How cute are you!