Friday, April 07, 2006

MIKBA

How is everybody? I have been MIKBA (Missing In Knitting & Blogging Action) this week. The rain earlier of the week was not only distrubing to me but also to our internet connection. I couldn't read too many during the time when it was working alright, so there would be a lot of catching up to do.

For the last two days, the weather has been beautiful. You just imagine how much you miss the blue sky after almost 30 straight days of rain! This was great as I had a good friend visiting. She was among the first group of friends I made in my first job. We did a lot of updating, chatting and laughing ... wonderful time!

6 days into the Yarn Focus Challenge already! It hasn't been very difficult with the internet connection not working too well ... online window shopping always poses great temptation!

Hopefully, I'll have FO to show you soon as the second Cedar Creek sock is close to the toe already. For the time being, I wish everyone a wonderful weekend with goregous weather. :)

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

We've been having quite a bit of sun, but quite a bit of bad storms too. It's going to be an interesting year weather wise I think.

I had to go to my LYS today to get a couple of buttons. Oh it was so hard, but I kept reminding myself that tomorrow is my free day, not today.

Siow Chin said...

I can't agree with you more, the Internet has too many temptations, once offline, we can focus a lot more.

hege said...

I have been MKBA, too! 30 days of rain sounds really terrible. Hope everything is ok with you, it's not fun to have to worry about floods!
Your sampler stole is so beautiful! And be comforted by the fact that wool is warm even when wet ;)

Debi said...

The P-Man and I missed you much, Auntie Agnes! Welcome back :)

Glad you had fun with your old friend!

Lu said...

do you have Comcast? Every time it rains, the connection is so so, isn't it ridiculous? Well, not as much 30+ of rain in California!

Casey said...

At least you have sunshine now. I live in Oregon so I understand being tired of rain!

I can't wait to see you finished socks!

candsmom said...

Hope you've been well with all the rain!! I heard about it on the news, and it sounded quite serious. I've missed so much on your blog!! I love your new banner and blog layout! And your stole is looking amazing, too. I hope to start the first border this week, but I'm nervous about the lack of repeats- it seems fun, but quite challenging at the same time. Thank you so much for all your support and good wishes this past week- it really meant a lot to me. Hope all is well with you... take care, Agnes! :-)

erin said...

30 days of rain! we had 2 weeks of non-stop rain last December and I was chewing my nails looking out for the sun to get my laundry dry. We have very damp weather so when it rains and the laundry doesn't dry, it gets fungi - and the bad smell that goes with it! So glad you've got your sun back.
And you're right about being offline, you do get a lot of other things done!