Thursday, April 13, 2006

I had a lightbulb above my head!

It must be all the good karma you all sent my way, I'm sure! So yesterday I read through the comments you left here ... and had the ideas brewing inside my head ... then all of a sudden, I got it! Yes, there are clear indications where to join the edging stitch with the stole stitches in the chart which I am aware of all the time. And yes, I have been reading the instructions with a preconception in my head. I read "Beginning by joining the edging to the open sts of the 2nd border, work starting rows a-d, then work rows 1-20 six times ... " as asking me to join the provisional cast-on row to the 2nd border BEFORE I start knitting row a. But anyway, after some re-configuration of my brain, I understand what I need to do now. This is proof:
I am now about to turn the corner and move on to one longer side of the stole. Since I have shortened the stole by omitting one central panel repeat, I may have to manipulate a bit to accommodate the edging repeat for the corners. Don't know how to do that yet ... but if I can't figure it out, I think I'll just write about it here and beg for your good karma again! :D Thank you so much! :D

8 comments:

Ruth said...

yay!!!! glad to figured it out. sometimes i get in a brainfart/rut too, and it takes another idea or another picture to set things right. and so far it looks gorgeous!! =D

candsmom said...

It's so beautiful!! You're going to be done with this in no time flat! Are you going to dress your stole the way the book suggests or were you planning on blocking instead? Can't wait to see the completed piece- I'm so excited! Beautiful work and take care, Agnes! :-)

Rebekah said...

Yeah! You figured it out, sometimes it just takes saying it outloud or in this case on the internet, and it clicks! It looks great too.

twig said...

I knew you'd get it. Looking good -- can't wait to see it all bordered.

Debi said...

Good for you Agnes! Lots of heads are better than one, right?

It's stunning!!

emy said...

It's turning out great! Love it.

Dipsy D. said...

I knew you're going to figure it out, and with a little help from our friends things are always easier, aren't they? It sure looks stunning already!

alice said...

It's lovely! :)