Friday, April 28, 2006

Déjà vu?

The magic of life, at least to the optimistic, is the promise of tomorrow, as best expressed by Scarlett O'Hara, "... tomorrow is another day" ... when we can get a second shot to make it better than today. So, what would it be if tomorrow was not another day, but just a repeat of the same day? I think even the happiest day in our lives would become weary and tiresome if we have to live through it, say, more than 5 times, not to mention if it was the worst. I know this is not any new idea. If you haven't watched Groundhog Day, check your local movie channels and give it a try ... it's good, I like it.

It's Friday again. Last Friday, I posted this. Today, this:
Yeah, it is a different photo. I have one side of the stole left for the edging ... 30 repeats. I learned my lesson and have been extremely careful ever since ... checking for dropped stitches every 10 minutes! I don't think I'll have the heart to do it a third time ... afterall, I am just a normal human being!

So, I hope the déjà vu ends here.

And a thousand 'thank you's to all of you. It's true that your consolations didn't help with my knitting (which is supposed to be done by myself, no?), but they certainly gave my spirit a great boost. For the last few days, I haven't knitted anything else but this, hoping to bring you the finished stole ASAP. :)

Jason asked why I chose Alpaca Cloud. I read about other knitters using this yarn and it seems there has been very little complaint. Besides, the price is extremely good. 3 hanks will be enough for this stole even if you follow the pattern to the fullest (I skipped one central panel repeat) and that came to $12. Now I also know that this yarn can stand quite some frogging! :D Not bad at all.

Now I am off to continue with the remaining 30 repeats. Wish everyone happy and satisfying knitting during the weekend.

8 comments:

Toni said...

I love, love, love that movie!

twig said...

*fingers crossed* I'm sure this is the end of your knitting that particular part of the stole.

Dipsy said...

I love "Groundhog Day", such a fun movie - but I certainly wouldn't want to have it happening to me, not even with the happiest day ever, because, as you said, it'd get weary and tiresome pretty soon. Life is okay as it is!
Good luck with the stole - it's getting more and more beautiful with every photo I see of it!

claudia said...

Good for you for doing the right thing and ripping/redoing.

Casey said...

As painful as ripping out that much of your work is, it'll be fabulous in the end. I hope this attempt is the last one and I'm looking forward to a final picture!

Jason said...

Thanks Agnes! I am going to take a deep breath and dive right into lace knitting. Oh yeah, KnitPicks, they got an order coming! :-)

Rebekah said...

I just love Alpaca Cloud, you just can't beat the price for 100% alpaca. And I love all the colors.

hege said...

Really, 12 dollars for the three! This is good news, after paying 13 bucks for each skein of KSH :) I also love goundhog day. Great job with the stole, it's so beautiful! It will look so elegant on you!