Monday, April 17, 2006

Another heartwarming story

Click on the photo and you can read about these little creatures and the very kind-hearted women who knit for them!

On another note, if you would like to knit some dishcloths, there are tons of free patterns on the web, including the Mason-Dixon Washcloth I showed you in my last post. The new dishcloths have made a not-much-loved chore into a more pleasant one. So, over the weekend, I made another one:
Recognize this? Reverse-bloom Flower Washcloth from Weekend Knitting. I am using the same cotton yarn as the Mason-Dixon Washcloth ... and I still have some leftover! This must have been a giant ball of cotton yarn! :D

7 comments:

twig said...

How cute are those penguins and their sweaters!

Love your new dishcloth!

Toni said...

Those penguins!! So cute!

You've been on a washcloth frenzy. I like making them as a quickie project used to supplement a gift of bath things.

Jen said...

Awww, wee little sweaters.
I like the flower washcloth- I think it might actually inspire me to finally work up the dishcloth cotton I have. :)

Dipsy said...

I can't believe how cute these little penguins and their sweaters are, and the story to it almost made me cry!
Thanks for sharing the link to the free dishcloth patterns, I'll definitely try my hands at some of them! I love your washcloth with its cheerful colors!

REbekah said...

I love the flower washcloth, it's so cute. I made a ton of those ages ago and gave them as gifts to the women in my family. It was also in an Interweave Knits magazine, in 2004 I believe.

erin said...

the prettiest flower washcloth I have seen.

Mimi said...

I love your flower washcloth and the yarn made the flower so beautiful!