Friday, March 24, 2006

One hank of Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock

What can you do with one hank of Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sock in Bold Red?


Not much really ... click on the above photo to see why.

Inspiration: Blue Moon Fiber Arts' gift to their sock club members.
I saw this in Stitches West and found it so cute that I almost joined the club on the spot just to get one! Then I thought I could make one myself. This one was made from the leftover yarns from the Sockapal3za socks. It would become a keychain and put into the package for my sock pal. Since I suck at picking out gifts, I think this is the only other gift I'm going to send her. I hope she'd like it.

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

It's very cute, and will make an adorable keychain. I've been drooling all week at the keychains everyone's getting, what fun.

candsmom said...

That's such a cute idea! I think your sock pal will love it. I've been seeing the STR club packages that everyone's been showing on their blogs, and I thought that little miniskein keychain was the cutest thing! Fun idea for a sockapaloooza gift! Take care, Agnes! :-)

Michelle said...

Very cute idea. I'm sure she'll love it.

Mimi said...

The stitch counter is so helpful and your idea of a keychain is great!

amanda said...

I think it is a wonderful idea! I rec'd that miniskein keychain from BMFA but have been afraid it'll be beaten to death on my keychain so it is hanging from a dashboard knob. At least I have it with me and can pet it when the kids are driving me bonkers!

Angela said...

Or, how to make Shepherd Sock look like bulky weight...thanks for the kind comment on my blog, by the way.

Debi said...

So cute, I'm sure she'll love it!

I think you're great at picking out gifts :)

Laura said...

haha!

I looked at it and thought, "how could that be sock-weight yarn? It's so FAT!"