Sunday, March 19, 2006

Magic Spell of the Stripes

I feel like I am not able to stop ... knitting self-striping socks!


Details:
Pattern: 3k1p basic sock pattern with 64 stitches cast on
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes Col: Denim Stripes (75% wool, 25% nylon)
Gauge and Needle: 8sts per inch with US1.5
Start date: 03-15-2006
Finish date: 03-18-2006

Completely mindless knitting ... which is indeed quite enjoyable. I still have one ball of Jelly Bean Stripes. Then, one ball of Opal Petticoat and one ball of Trekking XXL 133 (which I am not sure if it is self-striping) ... these two are definitely thinner than the Lion Brand ... this means it may take longer time to knit a pair. But it is really fun ... I love self-striping sock yarns!

10 comments:

joy said...

Huh? Three days is a long time? I love self striping sock yarn too, and I could do with this kind of slowness. ;-)

Toni said...

Ooh, I didn't know Lion made sock yarn. I just bought my first Trekking (can't remember the color number but it's shades of dark blue that gradually change) and think I'm really going to like it.

alltangledup said...

the lion stripe is a pretty good yarn, dontcha think? I've noticed that the price has creeped up a bit since it was first introduced, but still a good value.

such a pretty colour, I must get some next time i'm in the us.

candsmom said...

Your socks look wonderful! That colorway is so nice. And you knit so incredibly fast!! Your stripes look perfect, too. I love self-striping yarn- stockinette in the round is my favorite! So fun and satisfying. Take care, Agnes! :-)

erin said...

I am beginning to like self-striping socks too.

Debi said...

My Tazmanian Devil Knitter strikes again!

More lovely socks!

The Trekking is striping in a soft muted way like the blue ones I just made for my dad, not clearly striped like the Lion Brand. You'll love the Trekking tho! It's one of my favorites!

hege said...

The socks look great! I love the stripes. And the lace silk socks. And it's your third pair this week? Amazing. I just read "Zen and the Art of Knitting", and I think you must be feeling pretty zen after all those socks, especially since you are calling them mindless! I should try a pair...:)

Mimi said...

Nice socks! It looks fun to knit with self stripping yarn!

Siow Chin said...

I can't resist self-striping too, self patterning, no thank you. There are some options besides st-st and ribbing for self-striping that yields pleasing results too, like Jaywalkers and Peak Experience. I'm definitely going to knit those again. But then again, nothing beats the mindlessness of knitting a basic sock.

Suzanne said...

I love these socks! The color and striping are fabulous. Thanks for sharing.