Sunday, March 26, 2006

Jelly bean is good for you


Jelly Beans
Calories per serving (34 pieces; 1.4 oz.): 80


Jelly Bean Stripes Socks
Calories per serving (2 socks; 3.125 oz.): 0


Details:
Pattern: 3k1p basic sock pattern with 64 stitches cast on
Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes Col: Jelly Bean Stripes (75% wool, 25% nylon)
Gauge and Needle: 8sts per inch with US1.5
Start date: 03-19-2006
Finish date: 03-24-2006

Finally there is a colour combination that doesn't contain brown/copper. Jelly Bean Stripes is a very cheerful colour combination ... and I like it. I thought I was going to have a pair of perfectly matched socks ... until the last several rounds. Just don't understand why. But it doesn't matter. I know these Lion Brand socks are going to be worn frequently ... at least before the really warm season comes ... and at least before I finish my next pair.

Yes, there is new sock on the needle:


I'm sure you must have seen lots of these floating around the blogsville ... Cedar Creek Socks in Rainforest Jasper. Aren't the colours very rich?

17 comments:

Peggy said...

Long time no see! The jelly bean socks look very Springy and happy! I've almost given up on my socks... your sampler stole is absolutely stunning!!!

Elspeth said...

Great socks! And new ones, too!

claudia said...

Nice picot edge. :)

joy said...

I like those cheerful jellybean colors too!

twig said...

Low calorie and good looking! Can't beat that!

caitlyn said...

I like the bright colors of the Jellybean socks! And the socks on the needles are very pretty too.

Debi said...

Your sock drawer will be overflowing soon my Tazmanian friend! Love those Jelly Beans and your new STR ones too!

Sock on baby! That ALL I'm knitting these days, not sure why...knit 2.5 pairs since I finished my embossed leaves already (but the pattern is a secret for now!) It's all about the socks!

Mimi said...

Great socks and such pretty colors!
I like the picot edge on your new socks.

candsmom said...

Okay, SERIOUSLY, how do you manage to churn these socks out so fast??!! You're amazing! Everytime I click on your blog, it seems you've finished another pair of socks. Hopefully some of your speed knitting vibes will rub off through blog osmosis. ;-) I love your socks!! The Jellybean colorway is so fun and cheerful- you can't help but smile when you see them! Your socks on the needles look gorgeous, as well- love the rich colorway. Take care, Agnes! :-)

Dipsy D. said...

Yummy jellybeans - on both pics! And you already cast on for the next pair - wow, you're a turbo knitter! Looking forward to seeing your progress pics of the Cedar Creek socks!

katie said...

I love that jellybean colorway. It goes with absolutly nothing, but I still wear mine all the time. :) And the new socks on the way are beautiful too.

Suzanne said...

Oh my gosh, you're amazing! I love, love, love this pair too. The striping is fabulous!

nona said...

Fun post! I think you've redefined "Yarn Diet".

Rebekah said...

Great socks!

Katie said...

I love the way you socks look. I just posted on my blog that I need help picking a pattern for my skein of magic stripes. I will have to look up the pattern that you used.
thanks

Jason said...

Wow! Those Jelly Bean Socks are so cool! Thanks for posting these. I didn't even know this yarn existed. Somehow I missed it. Definitely have to get some now!

Jerry said...

I got my kit for Cedar Creek socks too but haven't started them yet. The colourway is gorgeous!