Friday, March 31, 2006

Flash your WIPs

It is Elspeth's challenge:

Here are my WIPs at this moment:
1. This is a crocheting project - 63 Easy-To-Crochet Pattern Stitches Combine to Make An Heirloom Afghan. I have done 14 squares so far ... haven't made any progress for a long long time. But I still love the afghan, so I am sticking to it. Crocheting is more difficult for me than knitting.

2. 8.5 sts sweater is still about 10 inches long. I think instead of socks, I should take this as my on-the-go project.

3. Must Have Cardigan with just about one and a half sleeves to go. I am still waiting for the desire to finish this to come back.

4. Cedar Creek Socks (STR sock kit) ... no worry about this one. I am already 1.5" into the leg of the second sock.

5. Great American Aran Afghan ... 2 squares done. Last time I stopped, I was flipping through the booklet wondering which square to start next ... then got caught up in other knitting.

6. Sampler Stole from A Gathering of Lace ... I got confused about the number of stitches on Row 70 last night. As I always do when I get confused, I put it away and went to bed. Usually, things would get sorted out after a good night's sleep. :)

I don't think I have too many WIPs on hand. 2 of them are afghan projects which take a long stretch of time to finish. For the others, I do have confidence I would finish them eventually ... and the most important of all, I still have the desire to finish them. How about you?

9 comments:

Elspeth said...

I think that's all that matters -- that you plan to get back to them eventually. Great job!

Rebekah said...

Hmmm, I think I'd have to post about 15 pictures to get all my WIP's! I really need to work on that.

Casey said...

I made that same afghan when I was in high school! (That was before I switched to knitting) It was pretty but I never used and one day got tired of hauling it with me every time I moved so I got rid of it. My husband tried to dissuade me but I insisted I wouldn't miss it. The sad thing it, I kind of do. It was really scratchy but now with lots more fiber info in my brain, I think I could have softened it up. Oh well, live and learn. I want to knit myself a new afghan now and I think I'm ready. I only have 1 current WIP!

erin said...

what a nice range of works in progress. I have wanted to do an afghan for a long time, but I have been daunted by the size. Now that you say it is a long term project, makes it so much more do-able.

Jennifer said...

You've got a manageable group of interesting projects there! I applaud you for the afghan. I don't have the fortitude.

Mimi said...

I agree with you, crochet is hard for me too. It's so nice that you can manage so many WIP's. I can't go for more than 2 or 3 at time. Actually, one at time is still my best way. ;)

amanda said...

That seems like a nice assortment of projects! Enough to keep it varied but no so many you forget they exist :O)

Elspeth said...

If you're interested, I've got some Koigu for you ... just check out my blog ...

Jason said...

The Virgo in me says "I can never have that many WIPs!" The Knitter in me says "Yes I can!" And I think it's already happening! LOL