Tuesday, February 21, 2006

You know you need to go back to bed when ...

you start asking people stupid questions in the morning! Usually Monday mornings are my favourite time to do stupid things and ask stupid questions - late nights during the weekend and wake up early on Mondays. But this week it was Tuesday morning, that is, this morning when I asked Becky the skinnyrabbit if she was going to graft the wrist warmer to THE SLEEVES of THE HALTER she was knitting. Hello? I think I deserved a smack on the back of my head to wake me up. But of course Becky gracefully told me that a halter didn't have sleeve. And of course I was fully awake then and so didn't go back to bed ... hehehe ...

So I finished one Sockapaloooza sock. What can I say? I can only tell you that the pattern is really a pleasure to work with. It is easy to memorize (or to click with it, as Paula put it) and the sock turns out beautiful. And I think the pattern goes really well with the bright red yarn, maybe even better than the purple in the book. So, the knitting went like a breeze and before I knew it, one sock was done. Did I cast on immediately for the second one? Nah. Not to do with second sock syndrom ... just that I don't want to finish it so quickly!

Mmm ... what next? I decided to return to Husband's socks. This time, I chose another pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks, Gentleman's Plain Winter Socks. I don't have picture to show you though. Just imagine 4" of 3k2p ribbing following by plain stocking stitches all the way down to the toes! I am now at the midway of the ribbing.

Besides the sock, I have actually been working on 2 sweaters. One is the green sweater for Husband ... the 8.5 sts per 1" sweater. I managed to add another 3" of stocking stitch, not too bad, huh?

The knitting is not as painful as expected. I just squeezed in a row or two here and there. The only thing I need for this is patience.

Then, some time ago, I started the Must Have Cardigan from Street Smart. Actually, the cardigan is the one that I have wanted to work on first before I set my eyes on Urban Aran. The pattern is another super easy one to remember:

and it's beautiful too! Oh, I am using Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. It's rough to work with but would make a much sturdier cardigan than Patons Classic Merino, I think. The pattern is a cropped style but I would make it a few inches longer.

Knitting-wise, that's about it. I received Rowan 39 over the weekend ... yeah, THAT Rowan 39. There are a few things I'd like to talk about but I think I'll leave that for the next post. For the meantime, Happy Knitting everybody!

7 comments:

candsmom said...

Your Must Have Cardigan is beautiful!! I've seen it on several blogs and it's just stunning with all the cables and panels. I've been thinking about using Fisherman's Wool, so thanks for the tip on its durability. Great progress on your 8.5 sts/ 1" sweater, too! ;-) I've read mixed reviews on that Rowan, so I'm interested in hearing your review. Take care, Agnes! :-)

Becky said...

Tee hee! Actually, you cracked me up so you definitely do not deserve a smack in the head. And there are no stupid questions, missy!

Rowan 39 is already out? I've got to run over and take a look at it. Please, let us know what you think of it!

Juls said...

wow, that Patons leaflet is certainly getting good press in blogland. I will need to see what everyone is getting so excited about!

Debi said...

Your Must Have is lovely Agnes! I love Arans done in the classic "Fisherman" color!

I can see why you made a mistake, I was kinda suprised to see a "halter" made in such wintery yarn so when I opened the pic, I too thought sleevage was imminent! :)

margene said...

All your knitting is looking very nice. I found two sweaters in the new Rowan that I'd like to knit, but some things were just weird and crazy!

twig said...

Your cabling looks wonderful. I'm still working on getting my stitches that even on my cable projects.

erin said...

Agnes, you are always so funny. I have made silly comments and the bloggers have been very kind too. I love your aran sweater