Monday, February 13, 2006

Do I look gorgeous?

First of all, thank you all very much for the compliments on Lace Leaf. You've all made me a very proud wearer of the sweater. :)

Then, please take a look at this:

I mean, seriously, do I look gorgeous in this shawlette? In case you wonder, no this is not my FO. This is the first knitted gift I've ever received in my life! Yesterday morning, an unsuspecting me went to the post office, thinking I was going to pick up some yarns I ordered. So, it was just natural reaction to have my jaws dropped for 30 seconds when I opened the package that contained this beautifully made shawlette by Debi, aka Pumpkin's mom. :) It is no ordinary shawl ... but a beaded one (2000 pieces, I tell ya!)! She has a close up shot of the stitches and beads here. I absolutely love ths shawl and I feel so elegant wearing it ... thank you thank you thank you, Debi!

You know, the feeling of receiving a knitted gift is just wonderful. Being aware of this, I started my preparation for Sockapaloooza - yarns, checked; needles, checked; pattern, checked:


I had every intention of finishing the grey socks for Husband first. However, I've been having quite some frustration in trying to get them done right. So, I thought it a good idea to take a break from them and started working on the socks for my sock pal. And for the welfare of my sock pal, I also thought it a good idea for me to follow a pattern instead of trying to work out one of my own ... hahaha ... As I browsed through Nancy Bush's latest sock book, I just felt that this is the perfect pattern for the red yarn. Before dinner, I finished knitting the cuff:

Mmm ... well, it's lace, so you have to wait until it is finished and blocked for the beauty to show.

I think I should express my gratitude to Alison and all the sock sisters for their thoughfulness in the organization of Sockapaloooza. At least in my case, they paired me up with a sock pal who has similar foot measurements as my own ... and this is going to make the knitting a lot easier. Thanks for the wonderful work!

12 comments:

Debi said...

It looks GREAT on you and I'm so happy you like it! It was a labor of love Agnes! Enjoy it!!

Toni said...

I'm so jealous! Good choice for the new sock---I'm considering that one out of my handdyed.

Liz said...

Wow! You look GREAT in that gorgeous shawl! The socks look wonderful too! :)

grumperina said...

The shawl is absolutely gorgeous, and you've picked a really nice pattern for your pal!

nona said...

There is nothing nicier then to give or receive a hand knit gift!

Ruth said...

wow, that shawl is so nice!! and what's even nicer, it's handknit and with much love!! i think if i received a handknit gift, i will always treasure it, it is such an honor to receive! =)

alltangledup said...

what a lovely shawl... lucky, lucky you.

candsmom said...

You look absolutely gorgeous in your new shawl! I remember seeing the teaser pics on Debi's blog... I'm so happy to see that you were the recipient! It's such a beautiful shawl and it looks wonderful on you. And I really like the pattern you chose for your sock pal- I received that book for Christmas, and can't wait to knit up that pattern, too. BTW, your needle case holder is so cute! :-) Take care, Agnes!

alison said...

Lovely shawl and lovely sock pattern. Those are going to be beautiful socks!

Mimi said...

The shawl is just so beautiful and with all those 2000 beads....You are so lucky!

Elspeth said...

Those socks are gorgeous! What is the yarn you're using? I know my Sockapaloooza pal would enjoy it!

Ada said...

Lovely shawl. It looks great on you.