Going through that tutorial several times (you can see how nervous I was about this!), I started working on my jacket. First, with the jacket wrong side out, I basted the front edges:
and then secured the zipper's right side to the wrong side of the edges with pins:
Then I unzipped the zipper to make sure it was correctly positioned:
Everything seemed to be okay. So, it was now time to start the sewing ... but no! I only have some really crappy nylon threads ... I'm not sure if they are good enough. Bonne Marie mentioned something called "buttonhole twist thread". I don't know what exactly that is, but from what I saw on the web, it should be something a bit thicker than my crappy threads. ::sigh:: It seems the installation has to stop here and wait for a trip to the craft shop.
Note about the zipper: Last time I mentioned the shop sent me a wrong zipper. I have to apologize to them because they DIDN'T send me the wrong zipper, it was me who couldn't separate it!!!!! But I swear I did spend almost half an hour trying to do so to no avail. When the same situation happened with the second zipper, I started to suspect it was my problem. Then, not really knowing how, both were separated! So, I think it is only fair for me to pay for the second zipper.