Friday, December 09, 2005

Free magazines

Ooops ... I have to tell you beforehand that this is going to be a photo-less post!

Thank you all very much for the advice on Bomber. I am still waiting for the zipper to arrive. As I said before, without the zipper, the ribbing just won't budge and keep bouncing back, so it's really hard to tell if the jacket fits. And if it doesn't, I would certainly try wet blocking it again. Last time after washing, I just let it dry on the board ... without any pinning.

The gloves are finished. Knitting them has been a breeze, even with the thin sock yarn. I could knit up one in a day! I tried picking up stitches for the covers last night but it turned out to be the most difficult part of the project. Dark sock yarn + tiny needles = teary eyes! And when I finally managed to pick up the 30 stitches from the knuckles of the gloves, I knitted the cover in the wrong direction! Now I finally understand how it should be done ... call me slow, I know! Hopefully, the whole thing would be finished and blocked this weekend.

Finally I have one piece of information to pass on to you. Do you like Rebecca Magazine? They are giving away Rebecca #2 and #3 for free now ... but the magazines are in German only, and of course you have to pay for the shipping. If you are interested, click here to see how.

4 comments:

emy said...

Well, we'll just have to see how the zip works its magic on the jacket huh? :)

I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

candsmom said...

Wow, you sure finished those gloves fast! Your brother is going to be thrilled. And thanks for the info on the magazines...I'm checking it out right now. ;-) Have a great weekend, Agnes!

Shelley said...

I did the same mittens and your right they are fast. The design is a bit confusing until you figure it out...but it's quite an ingenious design, isn't it! I still haven't finshed weaving my ends in the gloves, and I made them last year, but it was too warm to wear them. I need to dig them out. I can certainly wear them now.

Kimberly said...

Hoping the zipper works out well.

Thanks for the info on Rebecca magazines. I may have to check out the offer.