Monday, December 19, 2005

1 Year Old

My dear knitting blog,

After having grabbed the blog address from Blogger for more than 3 months, I finally perked up the courage to present you to the public today exactly one year ago. Maybe it had nothing to do with courage, just that I did have a little something knitted to show the world!

For quite some time, I thought I would be the only one interested in what I was putting here. Scanty as they were, every comment I got, other than resting here safely with you, they were also locked in the treasure box in my heart. The increase in the quantities of them does not undo their magic. They are what convinced me that I am not talking to myself!

In many ways, you have brought pleasures into my life. You and my knitting - you two go hand in hand ... and enhance each other. Without the need of updating you with the progress in my knitting, I don't know, maybe what I have in my knitting basket now would just be bags of UFOs. And without having any knitting FOs, you will soon lose meaning for your existence. Through the two of you, I got to know a lot of other talented and nice people / knitters from all over the world. Even more important than their compliments on my knitting (they are all nice and polite people, you know), I got advice, suggestions, and inspirations from what they said here and my visiting their blogs in return.

Today is your first birthday and I have to thank you for the past phenomenal year. Happy Blogiversary!

Agnes

18 comments:

erin said...

Happy Blog anniversary. I've enjoyed reading your knitting stories and here's to many more.

Stephanie said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday! :)

Debi said...

Happy Birthday Agnesblog! I'm soooo glad you were born! Here's to many more years together!

twig said...

Happy Blogiversary! (and what a nice post)

Siow Chin said...

Happy blogiversary! Without you, we wounldn't get to know the talented Agnes!

Ruth said...

happy blog birthday!! i agree, blogging and knitting certainly go hand in hand. the knitting community is so much more closer and connected now! =)

candsmom said...

Happy Blogiversary to you, Agnes!! Here's to many more. ;-) I've loved getting to know you through your blog and always look forward to seeing your beautiful knitting. You always inspire me! And you're right; it's so wonderful making connections with other knitters around the world. Blogging is an amazing medium! Take care! :-)

Laura said...

Happy Blog Birthday!
I'm happy to have gotten to know you over these past few months.

Liz said...

Happy Blog-i-versary!!!!

I've loved getting to know you virtually Agnes! I hope to share many more blog-i-versaries with you in the years to come! Thanks for being such a wonderful part of the Web!

claudia said...

Awww. Its like a love letter to your blog. ;-)

Happy Blogiversary! I hope you have many more happy blogging years.

Lynette said...

happy blogiversary to you!

Megann said...

Happy happy blogiversary to you!! I really enjoy reading it.

Lolly said...

Happy Blogiversay to you! I enjoy your writings, and your beautiful knits! Here is to many more years of blogging! ;)

Purly Whites said...

Happy Blog-o-versary! I'm so glad you a knitting blogger!

Winter said...

A very happy blogiversary to you!

Mimi said...

Agnes, It's has been great to know you and read your knittng adventures. Happy Blogiversary!

Laura.Y said...

Happy Blogiversary dearie..:) We've all enjoyed your writtings too.

karen said...

Just think....if you had not started a knitting blog one year ago...I would never have gotten to meet you! So glad I did.....and you are a beautiful knitter and quite talented! Here is to another wonderful blogging year!