Monday, November 07, 2005

Thank you!

Did you hear my sigh of relief? Yes, I felt like achieving the unachievable ... the ten thousand loose ends were all woven in. The buttonhole band, button band and neckband were all knitted and the hems sewn. (By the way, this is really neat as the hems hide the seams ... nice!) The hems of the jacket's body were sewn. So, what's left? The hems of the sleeves. Oh, and I need 7 buttons. Yes, you can almost say that the finishing of this jacket is as much as the knitting. If I can get everything done tomorrow (I am keeping my fingers crossed!), the finishing is going to take me more than a week ... a finishing bootcamp week, you can say. When I was half-way through the weaving in loose ends, I almost reached a zen-like state - it was just like breathing that I didn't even consciously think about it anymore, everyday I woke up and it was weaving in the loose ends, as if it were the essence of my existence.

Now, I can show you Old Tile from a distance, almost done:



Before I can post on the FO, I'd really really want to thank every one of you who has encouraged me on continuing to work on this project. I know very well that without your support, Old Tile is definitely going to keep its UFO status. So, thank you!

13 comments:

Mimi said...

Old tile looks so neat! Great job on mending all those ends.

twig said...

Wow! That looks so different from a week ago! It must have taken TONS of patience. I can't wait to see you model it all done.

Siow Chin said...

Hang in there!

erin said...

You're almost there.

Laura.Y said...

yay! go agnes go go go! :D

joy said...

It's looking good, Agnes. Keep it up!

Winter said...

Looking pretty good! Keep it up, and before you know it, it'll be done, in your hands, and ready for wearing!

Laura said...

yay!! I can't wait to see the finished object!

Liz said...

It's so pretty, and you are SO close to finishing Agnes! Congratulations! I know how difficult that must have been. End weaving is a necessary evil though. :) I can't wait to see the shots of you wearing your masterpiece!

caitlyn said...

It looks beautiful, Agnes!! Kudos to you for sticking it out through the long finishing process! Old Tile is truly a work of art.

candsmom said...

It looks incredible, Agnes! You're almost there...can't wait to see it finished! :-)

Rebekah said...

What so close, and it looks amazing. I can't wait to see the buttons you pick!

Karen said...

Old Tile is amazing. I like the colos you chose and the pattern is cool. Make sure you show us pictures when it is complete. I will be watching for the completed Old Tile.