Saturday, November 26, 2005

Tallinn

Do you know where Tallinn is? It is the capital city of Estonia. From what I saw here, it is quite a beautiful Eastern European city. You can also read more about the city here and here.

I haven't been to Tallinn, nor do I have any plan for a visit in the foreseeable future. Then why did I take such a great interest in this far away city, you may ask? Well, I wanted to know a little bit more about the place where somebody withdrew cash from my debit card account ... 3 times on the same day, that was why. I even tried looking up yarn stores in Tallinn ... somehow wishing my money would be spent there ... hahaha ...

So, check your bank statements VERY CAREFULLY every month for you own protection. For me, there seemed to be no problem for me to get my money back ... and lesson learned.

6 comments:

twig said...

OH NO! I'm glad you caught it quickly and I hope the bank is cooperating with you!

caitlyn said...

Glad you found it and that you got your money back!

Ruth said...

oh my goodness - glad you caught that and it's being take care of!! i check my bank statement online every single time i pay the bills. my brother has experienced identity theft several times already.. terrible isn't it?

candsmom said...

I'm so glad you caught that error and that the bank was professional about it. Thanks for the good tip. Take care! :-)

Debi said...

OMG Agnes! So glad you caught it quickly! How scary for you!

Mimi said...

What a relieve that you notice the problem in time! It's so convenient to use credit cards but nowadays we need to be careful. Thanks for reminding us.