Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I had a dream!

A dream that was knitting-related in content! I am not a person who dreams a lot ... or who remembers her dreams after waking up. But this particular one was so impressive on me that I kept replaying it in my mind ever since Sunday morning ... and of course I have to share it with you.

So, Husband was very eager to get to the shop (!) which was having a sale, a cut-throat bleeding sale (!!). After some fussing around, we finally got to the shop and he seemed to know his way very well (!!!) as he turned some corners and got to where he wanted within seconds. It was a section for knitting books (!!!!) and much of the shelves were empty already. He was very upset because the one book he wanted to buy was of course out of stock ... and it was Sensational Knitted Socks (!!!!!).

That was it. The exclamation marks? They mark the startling differences between Husband in real life and Husband in the dream. Did you ever have weird dreams like this?

With the closing of Socktoberfest, I started on another knit-along, nona's Peaceful Palms:


My brother (in Hong Kong) has to work night-shifts when it can be quite cold. So, I think it would be a good idea to knit him a pair of gloves like Broad Street Mittens. I first planned to use some solid-coloured sock yarns from my stash but then found them too thin. Finally, the 2 skeins of Sock Landscape from KnitPicks are of the right size, only that they are 100% pure merino which have to be handwashed. But I decided to use them anyway as they are super soft. This is the progress I've made so far:


The red line there indicates where my hand is inside the glove. My gauge is the same as specified in the pattern ... so I have to comfort myself that my hand is a lot smaller than Janis's ... and that my brother's hands are a lot bigger than mine. But most probably I'd start over again with fewer stitches.

nona left a comment on my last post, "I believe this scary job calls for a large bag of M&Ms. Weave in an end, eat an M&M!" This is indeed a brilliant motivating idea, thanks to which my work area now looks like this:


1. The evil Medusa
2. My Clover thread cutter and (invisible) darning needle
3. Omega Cranberry Pieces
4. Confetti Candies (leftovers from Halloween night)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good call on those cranberry bits. I think you would gain a few pounds if you matched an end for an M&M on that project! :)

candsmom said...

I WISH I had fabulous dreams like that instead of those darned elevator nightmares. ;-) Your glove looks great! Pretty colorway. And you're so healthy with the cranberry bits. My motto is when in need, chocolate. Always chocolate! :-)

Siow Chin said...

I dream every night. Sometimes even when I doze off on the bus. And sometimes I dream of meeting bloggers at fabulous yarn stores, hmmm...

Mimi said...

Good to know that I am not the only one that dreams about yarn shopping! :D

joy said...

I had my first knitting dream last night too! Apparently, I had started my KF sweater! :D

Becky said...

WHOA! Look at all those yarn ends. Yes, a bag of M&M;s is definitely in order!