Monday, October 17, 2005

One day's progress

How much can you do in one day? If we stayed home all day (which we would sometimes) yesterday and didn't hang around in Fry's, Whole Food and Trader Joe's, I think I would probably have finished the first Pink Ribbon sock and cast on for the second. Of course this is not what was done ... and the socks are not going to be pink, by the way:


Thanks to the knitting of Old Tile, the plain stocking stitch for the foot became so soothing (instead of boring) to me yesterday ... and unobstructed with the single colour ... and went amazingly fast!

And I think I finally found the perfect way to knit short-row toe and heel:



See? No holes! And the double wrapping is easy to manage using this elastic yarn. I still have to see how it is going to be with other finer sock yarns.

Now the break is over and I am back with Old Tile ... left front Row 5 .. yay!

8 comments:

grumperina said...

Those heels and toes look great, and very neat! Good luck with the rest of the sock!

erin said...

Nice short row heel, no holes.

Lolly said...

That one looks so similar to the sock I just made... except your short rows look better than mine :)

nona said...

What a nice cozy looking sock with ultra neat heels!

Siow Chin said...

I, too, bow down to your hole-less short-row heel/toe. I never seem to be able to master that.

twig said...

I can't do a heel -- no matter what the technique -- without holes. I bow to you!

Lynette said...

What very neat sock knitting. Makes me want to get back to my socks now...

knit chick said...

Great job on the holeless heel. I hope to channel that when I do my sock!