Monday, October 03, 2005

First piece of puzzle to the mystery

How would you reward yourself for successfully taking down an UFO? Start another project of course! I joined this:



and the first clue was out last Friday and I received the yarns I planned to use on the day before ... everything came together in time for me! ;)

The good thing about this project is that I don't have to spend all my time on it ... at least at the beginning. Just an hour or so and I completed Clue 1:



The yarn is Alpaca Cloud from KnitPicks in Iris ... very soft, but I would like the colours to be more striking. This is my first time using alpaca yarns ... also in lace weight. I am holding out on my judgment right now since I had only knitted that little bit. Yet, I had an exasperating experience winding the hank into ball ... so much so that I don't even want to talk about it ... just want to have a swift now!

What else is happening? Well, the attack on the UFOs continues ... will tell you more later.

3 comments:

Laura.Y said...

That's a lovely looking first hint. Knitpicks is quite lovely to knit with huh! :)

twig said...

What a great idea -- the mystery shawl kal. I'll be interested in seeing how it progresses. So far it looks like it's going to be a really pretty piece.

Cathy said...

I got a used swift off ebay for about $40 including shipping. It's not the usual umbrella swift, but it does get the job done. I love it! Good luck on getting one soon for yourself!