I am very excited about this pair of socks as, though the pattern was inspired by Lisa Lloyd's Pink Ribbon Socks, basically I made up the pattern myself, including rewriting the ribbon chart. I quite enjoy the process of trying to figure things out, but I don't think I am the material for being a designer! Anyway, here are photos of the FO:
Here is a close-up of the ribbon pattern:
I don't think the rewritten chart is perfect, especially the top of the ribbon, which I'd like to be more rounded, but that was the best I can do now.
Pattern: My own toe-up version of Pink Ribbon Socks
1) I used Wendy's toe-up sock pattern and cast on with the Turkish cast on method.
2) The ribbon pattern was started with 14 stitches, then increased to 16 stitches and decreased again to 14 stitches at the end. In other words, I had 4 stitches more than the number I cast on throughout most of the leg part. Therefore, I replaced the lace pattern with 2x2 ribbing for the sections between the ribbon patterns so that the socks would fit more snuggly.
3) For the cast off, I tried EZ's sewn cast off but didn't like it ... maybe because it seemed to be more complicated to me. Therefore, I used Nancie Wiseman's picot bind off.
Yarn: Elann's Sock It To Me Esprit Col: 8699 Glacier Blue
Gauge and Needles: 32 stitches to 4" US2
I think it is time to return to intarsia. But since I have joined nona's Peaceful Palms KAL, the reward for my completion of the other front of Old Tile would be a glove project.