Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Attack on the UFOs ... Take 2

So, if I were logical in my approach to my UFOs, I should have worked on Bomber ... since I am almost done with the body of the jacket. However, seeing that all these knitters were having so much fun with their colour works, I was inspired to pick up Old Tile ... which was only one sleeve done.

Complicated intarsia? Cotton? Well, is there a better timing for Claudia's closet-cleaning post to get into my Bloglines subscription? After reading that, I confess I did have second thought about continuing with Old Tile ... would it become my own version of the Teacup Sweater? But what she said here caught my attention, "Here is the unbreakable rule. If you wouldn't go into a store and buy the garment ready-made, you've got absolutely no business knitting it." Take a look at this:



and this:



The truth is: I do buy colourful sweaters from stores ... though this is not a regular nor frequent occurance (the one you saw is almost 10 years old!). So, one sleeve now becomes almost two sleeves:

12 comments:

claudia said...

Better you than me, my dear.

;-)

Honestly, you living in CA gives you a much better reason to love cotton sweaters. Here it seems kinda pointless.

joy said...

Wow, that's quite a handful!! I love the cheerful colors. :)

Toni said...

You've got gumption, girl! I'm 99% sure I'd need to be committed if I tried such a sweater--that's a lot of intarsia.

Siow Chin said...

Oh do knit it! It's going to be stunning.

Laura said...

There is no way that I would knit that sweater. All the ends and all the intarsia would drive me nutty. I truly admire your skill and determination.

Diana said...

Wow, looks like some tricky colorwork! Go you for getting back into it!

Rebekah said...

Ohhhhhhh I like! It will look great, can't wait to see more.

twig said...

That will be stunning when it's completed. I trust you'll make me one once your done with yours.

As for the "cops" comment, what I actually said was, "If I'm not home by the time you get home from work, something horrible probably happened and you'll find me dead in a ditch somewhere in Holyoke, so call the cops." (Not that I'm prone to dramatics. *laugh*)

Purly Whites said...

Hey, that is some fun colorwork! Even if it turns out horribly awful, at least it looks pretty fun to knit.

Anonymous said...

That sweater looks great! Love the blue afghan from a couple of days ago, too! Sockbug

Ruth said...

hi agnes! glad to clear up (from my pictures) what laura y. looks like! =) your sleeves look really good - i love the colors, they are so fun-looking! i also like your blanket a couple days ago - the blues give a calm and comfy soothing feeling... perfect for wrapping yourself up with it in the winter!

Nik said...

I've seen this sweater before and all the colors scared the hell outta me. just thinking about the end weaving makes my toes curl.