Monday, September 12, 2005

Wow!

What else can I say ... besides "Wow"? I got 20+ comments for River! And plus all those who came here just to have a look at her! Comment or no comment, I thank you all ... really, made my weekend extra wonderful.

I just found out that River is a "stole", not a "shawl". Then the narrower width seems to make better sense. I am still considering making it into a wider shawl.

I made good progress on Kiri ... but pictures have to wait until I finish. You know why, what I can show you now is just a big red mess! According to my gauge, I need to knit 20 pattern repeats to make the shawl minus the edging 30" long. I think that is long enough because my MIL is petite. Now I am at the 17th. This is the stage when I really don't want to make any mistake because I just lose count how many stitches I have on the needle now, and the only way I can rip the mistake away is to do it one stitch at a time ... imagine!

I am suffering from withdrawal - sock withdrawal and Bomber withdrawal. I have meant to start a new pair of socks for some time using the KnitPicks sock landscape. I have 2 good patterns too - Anna's Elfin's socks and the wavy pattern. But somehow the motivation is not there. Then, the Bomber jacket ... ::sigh:: I think maybe it is always my fear that the pieces won't fit together after washing. Am I being chicken?

4 comments:

claudia said...

Yup. Chicken.

I'd make chicken noises at you, but I can't figure out how to type it.

;-)

Seriously, what's the worst thing that could happen?

Laura.Y said...

Oh I get that too. But in the end we'll still do what knitters do. LOL We grit our teeth and do it cause we can't stand having that pattern dangling like a carrot infront of us..:P

Siow Chin said...

I know how to type chicken noise, it's in my daughter's book! Purk, purk, purk! Don't worry, nobody will get denim problem except me :D)

Debi said...

You deserve all the comments on River, you did a great job!! And don't be chicken, like Claudia said what's the worst that could happen? Nothing, cause knitting is forgiving and you get as many "do-overs" as you need :)

PS- I tagged you!!