Thursday, September 15, 2005

Taggy Taggy Tag Tag

I was tagged by Debi and here are my answers.

TEN YEARS AGO: I discovered that the after-school hour get-togethers of co-workers, which used to be fun and relaxing, had degenerated into bitter ranting time of complaints about work. I felt that it was time for change. So, after the summer vacation that year, I started work in the second school I ever worked. Changing is not easy for someone who has worked in a place for 8 years, and this is especially so for teachers. But I never regretted the choice.

FIVE YEARS AGO: A casual encounter had changed the lives of 2 persons. I met this person who would become my husband in 2000. One year later, I left everything I had, my career, my family, my friends, my apartment, my home town city, to start a new life here; and the man who always thought he would never get married shocked his friends by announcing his marriage.

ONE YEAR AGO: I picked up knitting and was making my first sweater at this time of last year.

FIVE SNACKS:
1- Any fresh fruits
2- Dried fruits
(Husband always says I am a monkey!)
3- Potato chips
4- Chocolate
5- Ice creams and sorbets

FIVE SONGS I KNOW ALL THE WORDS TO:
Now this one really beats me ... I am an idiot in music and songs. But there was the time when I was really crazy about Bee Gees and I can still remember the lyrics of many of their songs.
1- How Deep is Your Love
2- Melody Fair
3- First of May
4- Too Much Heaven
5- I started a joke

FIVE SIX THINGS I WOULD DO WITH $100 MILLION:
1- Set up retirement funds for my parents and my MIL. This way we don't have to worry about their livelihood.
2- Set up an education fund for my niece.
3- Set up a record label company to publish Husband's music
4- Husband could use the money to start his own company
5- Give to charities

FIVE PLACES TO RUN AWAY TO:
1- Maui, Hawaii
2- The Provence, France
3- Venice, Italy
4- San Diego, California
5- Easter Island (Husband and I are both fascinated by the history of this island.)

FIVE THINGS I WOULD NEVER WEAR:
1- Gauchos
2- Tube tops
3- Fur
4- Ponchos
5- Platform shoes

FIVE FAVORITE TV SHOWS:
1- Real Time with Bill Mahr
2- The Daily Show
3- Counterdown with Keith Olbermann
4- Iron Chefs (the original Japanese version)
5- American Chopper

FIVE BIGGEST JOYS:
1- Being healthy and alive
2- Being married to Husband
3- Having friends
4- Learning a new skill
5- Knitting

FIVE FAVORITE TOYS:
1- my camera
2- my video camera
3- my yarn winder (yeah, finally got one because of the huge hank of lace yarn!)
4- the newly discovered Skype software (I can call my parents in Hong Kong spending just cents!)
5- my laptop

PEOPLE TO PASS THIS ON TO: Joy, Siow Chin and Lynette (that is, if you are interested.)

Knitting news: I finished knitting Kiri last night and after a cold bath in Eucalan, it is now resting on the bed. I think it would be ready tonight.

5 comments:

caitlyn said...

It's neat to learn more about you!

Debi said...

Thanks for playing Agnes!! Interesting info about you....especially I CANNOT believe you're only knitting one year!! You must have knitting DNA!!! :)

Pumpkin sends smoochies!

Siow Chin said...

I love Bee Gees too! Hmm, that's a lot to think about. Give me some time.

Lolly said...

I *LOVE* The Daily Show! ;)

have a good weekend, Agnes!

Diana said...

I love the story about how you met your husband. Looking forward to seeing Kiri!