Monday, September 05, 2005

My Kiri

This post mainly aims at showing you how far I've gone with Kiri. Well, this far:



After posting yesterday, I moved a bit more to 9 repeats of Chart 2. Having read many other knitters blogging on this shawl, I know that having stitch markers helps with getting the pattern accurate. But if you take a look at my work, I only use one marker for the center stitch. My problem is that I don't really know where to put the markers so that they won't interfere with the k2tog and skp stitches. There had been some bummers at 4 repeats and 5 repeats rows and I had to take back a couple of rows from time to time. However, things started to get smooth after 6 repeats. Now, I don't have to refer to the pattern anymore ... and I think I would be able to finish this really soon ... YAY!

And I'll leave you with a close-up shot of the leaf pattern:

12 comments:

claudia said...

It's not just you....managing the markers IS hard. I took mine out of Birch after a couple of pattern repeats.

Pretty color.

Liz said...

I finished my kiri last week, and I just used one marker for the center stitch. Anything more was too crazy!

Love the color!

opportunityknits said...

Hi Agnes, your Kiri looks lovely.

twig said...

Oh how gorgeous! I love the combination of the stitch pattern and yarn color.

Siow Chin said...

Me too. I'm one of those that can't handle those stitch markers.

caitlyn said...

It's very pretty, Agnes!

Laura.Y said...

Lovely Agnes! :) I took stitch markers off my kiri after a while. I realized that the pattern repeat coincide with the rows below after a while. Look out for that rhythm, they are even better indicator than the stitch markers..:)

Debi said...

Gorgeous Agnes!! Really stunning, your MIL with go nuts :)

Kiri doesn't really lend itself to markers other than marking the center stitch...you just have to remember the stitches all line up and each leaf grows from the tip of the previous one!

Now this crazy thing I'm knitting, YIKES!! I think I had a marker every six stitches at one point (in over 300!!!) because the slippery linen has a mind of it's own! Thank goodness for stitch markers when you really need em!

PS- has anyone else noticed this word verifications keep getting longer and longer? soon you'll have to type the preamble to the constitution to sign on ;)

Lauren said...

oh so pretty! I love that red!

Karen said...

Kiri looks beautiful. Nice and airy. I've missed you! So the fall is upon us and knitting is in order. Love the color of Kiri!!!

Diana said...

You are going so fast on Kiri! It looks great. I hope to knit this shawl some day.

Purly Whites said...

This is gorgeous so far!