Thursday, September 01, 2005

The moment of truth

So far, I have made 2 sweaters with sleeves - my first sweater and Barnyard Guernsey sweater. The former is a raglan but since I used the yarn specified in the pattern and was on gauge, I had no problem with the raglan sleeves. The latter is a drop-shoulder sweater. Therefore, I have yet to experience the agonizing feeling of the sleeves not fitting the armholes ... which I don't really look forward to.

For the Sirdar sweater I've been working on, with the help of Ann Budd's sweater pattern book, I modified the drop-shoulder into set-in sleeves. My progress with the sleeves is actually pleasantly surprising to myself. It took me less than a week to finish both sleeves. Last night came the moment of truth - whether Miss Budd's pattern and my knitting work well:



Notice I didn't cut the yarn from the finished sleeve? I was fully prepared for the possiblity of frogging! But perhaps I should have more confidence in Miss Budd ... the sleeve and the armhole measurements fit! *Bunny dance was witnessed by Husband in the middle of last night.*

Non-knitting aside: If you live in New York city, watch out for this pervert on subway ... better yet, remember his face and when you see him, report him to the police.

3 comments:

claudia said...

Looks like we are both having a good sleeve day.

Debi said...

Well done Hunny!! You have really good knitting karma :)

Pumpkin sends smoochies!!

Siow Chin said...

The sleeve and armhole fits perfectly, congrats!