Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Knitting on edge (Updated)

Well, quite the opposite ... I am not on edge at all, but rather at peace even though I am not knitting the most interesting or chanllenging thing in the world:


I am using a larger needle than that for the afghan squares. It turns out the cable knots are farther apart than what you can see here. I think I still have 2/3 to go. While working on this, I suddenly realized that I had better block the afghan so that I could have a more stable measurement for the edging. I think it is so lovely that I took the risk of boring you again with a picture of it:


I said I was "at peace" because I didn't even have the itchy feeling of wanting to start any new project. Usually, the period during which I work on the finishing on a project is the most dangerous time for me to seek new thrill. But this time, I amazed myself by being able to keep focus. That being said, it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of new projects. I am planning on the next afghan project:


So, by now you can tell that I have an obsession for sampler afghans, right? One by one, I am going to make all of them!

I also found a good pattern for the next Husband sweater:



Update: Lolly asked me where the pattern of the polo sweater came from. Sorry for my forgetting to include this info. I got it from a magazine called get creative (November 2005) ... it is "the knitting issue". There are patterns for zip jacket, scarves, hats and ponchos ... but I bought it just for the sweater even though I know it's quite a generic pattern. ;)

11 comments:

Debi said...

I have a "thing" for Sampler Afghans too! I love em altho i've yet to make one...luckily I can live vicariously thru YOU!! It's stunning Agnes, truly beautiful!

claudia said...

Considering that I've never made even one afghan, I tip my hat to you. Focus indeed!

Lolly said...

I like that Husband sweater! Where is that from?

Liz said...

Beautiful! I aspire to one day make an afghan but I am incredibly picky about pattern, materials and durability. With my arsenal of pets it has to be iron-clad practically to stand up to the abuse in my house! :)

Oh, and I don't know why blog-lines won't accept my blog Agnes. You aren't the first person to tell me that though.

Winter said...

The afghan looks very cozy, and in nice colours, too.

Toni said...

What a difference blocking makes--good luck with the edging tho it may be hard to make something so fab moreso.

Laura.Y said...

I just keep looking at that afghan and thinking that I'd make one some day. It's just so lovely!

joy said...

I think my husband would like that polo sweater too, no worrying if it'll go over the head!

Siow Chin said...

I've got that American Aran Afghan in mind for a long time, thing is to find the time for it and everything else.

twig said...

That afghan deserves a second look. The colors are great together. I've been toying with the idea of the Great American Aran Afghan -- it won't happen because I'd never finish it -- but it's something I wish I had the attention span for.

Lolly said...

thanks for updating that, agnes. I think that my hubby might like that sweater... i will have to see. he sure can be picky. plus, he already has one coming his way soon :)