Sunday, September 04, 2005

It's lace again!

How was your weekend? I was still partially glued to the tv news on Katrina ... getting worked up emotionally from time to time by the incompetence of all these big-talking government officials and wondering where the hell Dick Cheney had been all this time! I remember he is still the vice-president of this country, or is he? But at the same time, I managed to finish 2 projects - the Sirdar sweater and River. Unfortunately, both are not picture ready yet ... I have to wait for work days to resume to begin blocking ... which will take up quite some space.

Yesterday, I started a new project. I got some lace pure wool from Handpainted.com in this colourway:


Beautiful, isn't it? The yarns that came were colour-true to what I saw on screen. I am now using this for a Kiri shawl, which will become a Christmas gift for my MIL ... this is the one colour that she really loves. Right now, I am at 6 repeats of Chart 2. I haven't decided how many repeats I'll be doing ... maybe 12, or maybe 14. A few posts ago, Debi left a comment saying that I would be addicted to lace knitting. Well, maybe she is right ...

Last Friday, I picked up a copy of Interweave Crochet and spotted this:


I am telling you - I am going to make this cool cool jacket! The Trendsetter ribbon yarn used is a bit expensive for a playful jacket, so I am going to look for a good but cheaper substitute ... but I am going to make this ... period.

7 comments:

Susan said...

I just got some of the lace handpaintedyarn.com. Mine wasn't true to the monitor, but lovely nonetheless. Bordeaux Red with a few gold streeks... Like fine wine :)

joy said...

That yarn is so pretty. It's true, lace can be pretty addictive! :)

Laura.Y said...

Ur handpainted yarn color looks yummy. Interesting jacket. Looking forward to see u finished that :)

Debi said...

I told you so :)

Beautiful yarn, can't wait to see your Kiri!

Enjoy your holiday, Pumpkin sends kitty chirps and kisses!

Siow Chin said...

Wow, that cardigan is cool! You gotta crochet it!

emy said...

That jacket will steal any show!

goodkarma said...

I breezed through that Interweave Crochet mag, too, and of course Teva Durham's design was The Thing that caught my eye. Please make one so I can live vicariously! :)